ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur work restrictions?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinoit
Mood:
India

Entrepreneur work restrictions?

Post by vinoit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi All,

Currently i am in PSW. I planned to apply for Tier1-Entrepreneur Visa which will help to run business. I know that i have to maintain £50,000 to get visa which is fine. And also it says you are not allowed to work. But, to support my business i need to do some work with other clients. I really don't understand the working restrictions. Its says you can work for your company. I would like to get answers for the following questions?

What are all the working condition applicable?
Can i work as Contractor?

Any help is much appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Your business can provide your attendance as a service to clients. You will not be employed by that client. Rather than pay you as an employee, your business will invoice the client for its services.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks for your response. You mean i can work as a contractor but have to invoice through my business right? What happen if i am self employed? Thanks.
Last edited by vinoit on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Your business can provide your attendance as a service to clients. You will not be employed by that client. Rather than pay you as an employee, your business will invoice the client for its services.

Thanks for your response. You mean i can work as a contractor but have to invoice through my business right? What happen if i am self employed? Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm

It's the same principle. You register as SE for the visa application and then continue in that capacity when the visa is issued. What you do to get the visa has to be what you do after the visa is granted. You can't start a business as a software tester for a Tier 1 application, but then work as a self-employed window cleaner.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It's the same principle. You register as SE for the visa application and then continue in that capacity when the visa is issued. What you do to get the visa has to be what you do after the visa is granted. You can't start a business as a software tester for a Tier 1 application, but then work as a self-employed window cleaner.
Really I am Sorry. I can't get what you trying to say. But i got your first answer which says clearly. Many Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:35 pm

vinoit wrote:I can't get what you trying to say
Well then seek professional advice on what amounts to a professional visa. Put this down to cost of doing business.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
vinoit wrote:I can't get what you trying to say
Well then seek professional advice on what amounts to a professional visa. Put this down to cost of doing business.
Thanks Will do.