ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur from outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi la,

I have read policy guidance and they haven't specified a period for which the amount of £200,000 should be held in the bank.

In my case they made verification within the first week of application submission and I had the same balance in my bank account on the date of verification as it was on closing date of the bank statement.

Moreover, they verified the bank statements from 3 different points, from two different regional offices of the bank and the issuing branch.

They took 21 working days to grant me the entry clearance.

kim1

Post by kim1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi tony.montana
There is no need for a business plan if you are applying for an entry clearance i.e. if you are applying for the visa from outside the UK. We only discuss the entry clearance route in here.
Well I was also asking keeping in mind entry clearance Tier1(Entr'p) ok so we dont need a business plan, could you specify what is included or excluded from the list of things required by BHC

1 Valid passport
2 Maintenance funds (e.g, statement & bank letter)
3 Disposable funds (200k, bank statement & bank letter)
4 English language test results
no business plan what other supporting docs we can send?
plz elaborate brother thanx
[/quote]

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi kim1,

Add the following to the list;

1. TB screening test

2. CNIC photocopies

3. List of UKBA approved banks in Pakistan (from UKBA website)

4. List of banks in Pakistan regulated by the State Bank of Pakistan (from SBP website)

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:29 am

tony.montana wrote:Hi whiteroses,

They make a thorough verification of the £200,000 bank statement/letter. I spoke to the bank manager and he told that BHC sends them a different and a more comprehensive DVR form for the £200,000 bank statement.
Thanks. More comprehensive than the DVR form for the 50,000 category?

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:46 am

whiteroses I have already mentioned that we only discuss "Entry Clearance" here! Try and understand it my friend!

Patan2013
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (entrepreneur) outside UK

Post by Patan2013 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 pm

HI guys,

I've some questions regarding apply outside UK for Tier 1 (Ent) visa.
-1. £200 000 balance ( do the funds have to be in the bank or can I provide other source of incomes which make to £200K? e.g. bank bal £50K and rest resource from(e.g. own business capital, property & land valuation)
-2. what the minimum score except for ITELS (English language)

I know there is tier 1 guideline sometimes its hard to understand what the actually the meaning..

it will be much appreciate if you guys provide information regarding above question!
thanks,
Patan2012

kim1

Post by kim1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Patan2012
-1. £200 000 balance ( do the funds have to be in the bank or can I provide other source of incomes which make to £200K? e.g. bank bal £50K and rest resource from(e.g. own business capital, property & land valuation)

I know there is tier 1 guideline sometimes its hard to understand what the actually the meaning..

LOOK AT BULLET BELOW.
Claiming points for attributes
Section a: £200,000 funding

You or the entrepreneurial team must have £200,000 of your own money available to make
a fresh investment into business in the UK. You should supply documentary evidence of
the money in your/ each member of the entrepreneurial team’s name as specified in the
‘Immigration Rules and in the ‘Documents we require’ section below.
the above explains that they need the evidence that clearly shows you have access to £200,000 available to you. so it has to be a financial institution providing such evidence e.g banks, it can not be any property evaluation pure money needed.

The minimum ILETS before was 7band which is now reduced to 4band,or equalent will be any english language test that equals B1 level. (B1=Ilets 4 band)

I have answered to best of my knowledge maybe other brothers can elaborate more clearly.

Patan2013
Newly Registered

Post by Patan2013 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:00 pm

kim1 wrote:Patan2012

LOOK AT BULLET BELOW.
Claiming points for attributes
Section a: £200,000 funding

You or the entrepreneurial team must have £200,000 of your own money available to make
a fresh investment into business in the UK. You should supply documentary evidence of
the money in your/ each member of the entrepreneurial team’s name as specified in the
‘Immigration Rules and in the ‘Documents we require’ section below.
the above explains that they need the evidence that clearly shows you have access to £200,000 available to you. so it has to be a financial institution providing such evidence e.g banks, it can not be any property evaluation pure money needed.

The minimum ILETS before was 7band which is now reduced to 4band,or equalent will be any english language test that equals B1 level. (B1=Ilets 4 band)

I have answered to best of my knowledge maybe other brothers can elaborate more clearly.
Thanks KIM1
that was very helpful. Just forgot to ask regarding ITELS I have got ITEL 6.5 but more than 2 years old, do I have to give another ITELS?

confused90

Post by confused90 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 pm

tony.montana wrote:Hi la,

I have read policy guidance and they haven't specified a period for which the amount of £200,000 should be held in the bank.

In my case they made verification within the first week of application submission and I had the same balance in my bank account on the date of verification as it was on closing date of the bank statement.

Moreover, they verified the bank statements from 3 different points, from two different regional offices of the bank and the issuing branch.

Do they verify the £200,000 investment funds for a random date too? Or only on the date mentioned on the Bank Letter?

I cannot keep such a huge amount in the bank for such a long duration.

kim1

Post by kim1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi Patan
that was very helpful. Just forgot to ask regarding ITELS I have got ITEL 6.5 but more than 2 years old, do I have to give another ITELS?

well clearly 6.5 band is equal to B1, that is fine but the guidelines state that IELTS expires in 2years, so I would suggest taking a fresh test, and dont apply with this test as this might not earn you any points if considered expired.

I suggest u look at this link below (go to page 15 of 26)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf[/url]

kim1

Post by kim1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi Confused90
Do they verify the £200,000 investment funds for a random date too? Or only on the date mentioned on the Bank Letter?

I cannot keep such a huge amount in the bank for such a long duration.
I use to work in a bank (not anymore) and I am telling you this from experience that when BHC use to call up for statement verification they would normally ask about the random dates out of the statement supplied to them when the case was submitted. however they would often ask that what is the current balance which was on the date of their inquiry.

if you have such funds in your name surly you can take the banks manager in confidence and let him tell you when the inquiry arrives to them, either telephonic or paper based.

kim1

Post by kim1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi Tony.montana
I have submitted my application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur entry clearance from Pakistan. Staff at UK Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) told me that British High Commission (BHC) normally takes three working weeks to provide an outcome of the application for this category of entry clearance. I submitted the application a week ago and yesterday BHC contacted my bank to verify the bank statements I provided with my application.

If there are people on this forum who are also in the process of obtaining the same entry clearance (Tier 1 Entrepreneur from outside UK), they can share their experience or ask questions here.
Whats the progress with your case bro, have the status changed yet, I guess its been over a month,only asking out of curiosity & wish u luck.

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

kim1 wrote:Hi Tony.montana

Whats the progress with your case bro, have the status changed yet, I guess its been over a month,only asking out of curiosity & wish u luck.
Hi kim1,

I have been granted the Entrepreneur Entry Clearance . I mentioned this in my earlier post. :)

It took them 21 working days to give me the visa.

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:00 am

hello,

can u plz answer my this question?

Have they verified ur statement/bank letter from related bank and other sources?

kim1

Post by kim1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:45 am

Hi tony.montana
I have been granted the Entrepreneur Entry Clearance . I mentioned this in my earlier post. Smile

It took them 21 working days to give me the visa
So glad to here that, I am happy for you many congratulations on the achievement, hope rest of the ride is smooth too all the way to indefinite.

Would you like to give as an advise which guys like us who are to apply for the visa that might benifit from, anything at all.plz

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 pm

kim1 wrote:Hi tony.montana

So glad to here that, I am happy for you many congratulations on the achievement, hope rest of the ride is smooth too all the way to indefinite.

Would you like to give as an advise which guys like us who are to apply for the visa that might benifit from, anything at all.plz
Thank you kim1. You can ask what you need to know and I will let you know. I heard they are changing rules and it will become very difficult to get this visa in near future.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 pm

tony.montana wrote:

Thank you kim1. You can ask what you need to know and I will let you know. I heard they are changing rules and it will become very difficult to
get this visa in near future.
Hi,
Do you have any idea what these rule changes will be like? And do you think these changes will be brought about before April?
Thanks.

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Sar78 wrote: Hi,
Do you have any idea what these rule changes will be like? And do you think these changes will be brought about before April?
Thanks.
Hi,

I heard they are going to introduce interviews for this visa and some additional requirements regarding financial documents and the changes will be introduced in April 2013.

alex87
BANNED

Post by alex87 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm

^^
That sounds like a strong possibility considering that the UKBA are planning to introduce interviews for other categories as well. I think that interviews have already been announced for entry clearance under tier 4, if I'm not wrong.
Where did you hear about these possible changes? Would be grateful if you could post a link. I tried to find more information online but found very little.

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:41 pm

alex87 wrote:^^
That sounds like a strong possibility considering that the UKBA are planning to introduce interviews for other categories as well. I think that interviews have already been announced for entry clearance under tier 4, if I'm not wrong.
Where did you hear about these possible changes? Would be grateful if you could post a link. I tried to find more information online but found very little.
Hi alex,

The UKBA has already been interviewing applicants for Tier 4 student visas and as a result the number of visa has dropped significantly.

A friend told me that they are going to introduce interviews for Tier 1 Entrepreneur. He got this information from his contact who works at UKBA.

kim1

Post by kim1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi tony.montana

Thank you for giving us free hand to ask questions. :)

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Thank you for giving us free hand to ask questions. :)
No worries kim1 :)

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:16 am

Hi,
congrats for ur visa.
And best wishes for future.

my question is that how did u find about these regional offices verifications?

hawkeye
Newly Registered
Pakistan

April Changes Understanding

Post by hawkeye » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 pm

First of all, thank you all for contributing to this thread as many of us will benefit from the information and contribute as the best of our knowledge.

With reference to the talk of possible changes in April for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Entry Clearance, what to you say the date when the changes will come into effect keeping the past UKBA record for such implementation. I know it is difficult to predict such date but a rough estimate would be appreciated. Would it be around the 6th of April or 30th of April in your opinion.

Thanks,

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:06 pm

adilzia wrote:

Hi,
congrats for ur visa.
And best wishes for future.

my question is that how did u find about these regional offices verifications?
Thank you. I have good relations with the bank. When regional offices are approached by the embassy for documents verification, regional offices then send the DVR to the relevant branch just to make an additional check and then they respond back to the embassy. The manager at the branch told me the above.