ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved 23rd Jan 2013, Croydon PEO, HSMP+Tier1(General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsrchalam
Newly Registered

ILR approved 23rd Jan 2013, Croydon PEO, HSMP+Tier1(General)

Post by bsrchalam » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am

Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thank this Forum which has been a very important source of information for all my UK visa applications starting from HSMP, then Tier1 extension to now ILR!

I got ILR granted on 23rd Jan at Croydon PEO.

Documents
1. Application form
2. Pictures
3. Passports
4. Life in UK test
5. Payslips for 12 months
6. Bank statement for 12 month
7. P60's -- year 1, year 3, year 4, lost year 2 and 5 still not complete.
8. Letter from employer confirming employment continuity
9. Letter from employer with salary breakup for last 1 year.

Documents which I took but did not submit - was not asked:
10. HSMP approval letter - To support application form Page 43 point 11L

Timings
8:05am arrived at PEO Croydon and went through security check
8:15am payment processing
8:25am with case registration
8:50am with Biometric
9:05am with Case officer
9:35am Case officer called me and told me the good news, asked me to verify my name and date of birth that are going to be printed on Biometric card and gave me all my documents back.

It was a very quick one than the usual 2/3 hrs that we hear about in the Forum, which kind of surprised me.

The case officer took my application and asked me whether I had copies of supporting documentation, which unfortunately I did not take as I thought it was unnecessary (as was told by many in this forum).

Then she looked at list of absences in the application form and asked me whether I was out of the country at all. I have only mentioned the initial delay in entry of 78days and did not mention annual leave related absences. I told her that as I was on Tier1 general and the document only requested the paid annual leave absences for Tier2 I did not mention them. But she said that those details are required.
Luckily I was carrying another copy of that page with all holidays mentioned which I handed over to her.
She asked me how many days in total which were 221 days (Looks like the case workers understanding is 180days in 5years rather than 180days per year.)
I actually took a copy of V6.0 directive on continous residence just in case, but luckily did not have to use it.
Para below absences in Application form:
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion); Tier 2
(Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except Highly
Skilled Migrants.
Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories, and those applying under the Tier 1 (General); Business person; Self-employed person;
Investor; Innovator; Writer; Composer, and Artist categories.

Next along with my bank statements and payslips she asked whether I had a breakup of salary provided/confirmed by company HR. Again, by chance I took this as a back up from my company which I think she used to confirm with pay slip and bank statements.

Lastly she asked for last 5 year P60's. I told her that I had only 3 years and for the rest I had pay slips and corroborating bank statements for support economic activity. But she said 3 P60's should be fine.

After taking all these documents she asked me to sit in the waiting area and told that she would call if required.
After 30min she just called me and told the good news!!

There was one more complication in my case, where my first name(s) were ordered wrong in my new passport, and I was scared that it could be issue.
While taking life in the UK test, I registered the name on the website in old order but took my new passport as ID proof which they did not accept, so I had to change the name, re-register and had to take the test with name as mentioned in my new passport.
At the time of Biometrics I was asked whether my name changed from previous passport and I said yes. They asked me to write that on a sheet but was told that it was purely for criminality check purposes.
The case officer did not ask me a single question about my name, although I got all my bankstatements, payslips and other documents to have the name ordered as in the new passport.

from my exp today:
1. Probably best to take copies of all supporting documents
2. Make sure one has all 5 year P60's or call HMRC and get a letter from them.
3. Mention all vacation holidays as well even for Tier 1 (general) though the application says otherwise

Also, I left D1 and 7.11 blank (I had a copy of these pages with numbers filled as backup :) ) - case officer did not ask single question on that as well.

Hope this information will help someone.

Once again appreciate all the help that I got from this forum.

Cheers,

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:46 am

many many congratulations on this success dear.
one correction please as below
11L is on page 47 of set O form, version 12/2012. this correction is only to save next readers from confusion.

secondly please can you let us know how long was your continuous staying period in UK starting from your FIRST ENTRY in UK?

bsrchalam
Newly Registered

Post by bsrchalam » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 am

ilrupdates wrote:many many congratulations on this success dear.
11L is on page 47 of set O form, version 12/2012. this correction is only to save next readers from confusion.

secondly please can you let us know how long was your continuous staying period in UK starting from your FIRST ENTRY in UK?
Thanks,

Continuous staying period was approximately: 4years 9months (if I have to round off 78 days initial entry delay to 90days)

rohiths
Newly Registered

Post by rohiths » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi bsrchalam,

Could you please let me know the format of the following documents that you submitted?

1. Letter from employer confirming employment continuity
2. Letter from employer with salary breakup for last 1 year

Thanks.

bsrchalam
Newly Registered

Post by bsrchalam » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 pm

rohiths wrote:Hi bsrchalam,

Could you please let me know the format of the following documents that you submitted?

1. Letter from employer confirming employment continuity
2. Letter from employer with salary breakup for last 1 year

Thanks.

Hi Rohith,

Unfortunately I do not have a template for (1), I just requested this from my HR and they have given this on company letter head, with just 2,3 sentences that I am working and they intend to employ me.

(2) sample template.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7iXljG ... JHVFk/edit

[/list]

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me where it says "Letter from employer confirming employment continuity" is required ?????

I am applying next week, have all the documents ready but i could not find the letter mentioned anywhere.
I'm on HSMP+Tier1.

Cheers,

bsrchalam
Newly Registered

Post by bsrchalam » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:36 pm

shahid2000 wrote:Hi,

Can someone please tell me where it says "Letter from employer confirming employment continuity" is required ?????

I am applying next week, have all the documents ready but i could not find the letter mentioned anywhere.
I'm on HSMP+Tier1.

Cheers,
Hi Shahid,

I just double checked and agree that this is not requirement for Tier1 (General).
May be in previous version of set(0) form or may be I read 11B and 11C in Section 11 and mistook as requirement for 11L.

Also, the case worker did not ask this, I just handed this over along with other salary break up letter, so I think it should be alright even if you do not have this.

Cheers,

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

bsrchalam wrote:
shahid2000 wrote:Hi,

I'm on HSMP+Tier1.

Cheers,
Hi Shahid,

I just double checked and agree that this is not requirement for Tier1 (General).
May be in previous version of set(0) form or may be I read 11B and 11C in Section 11 and mistook as requirement for 11L.

Also, the case worker did not ask this, I just handed this over along with other salary break up letter, so I think it should be alright even if you do not have this.

Cheers,
Thanks bsrchalam.

rohiths
Newly Registered

Post by rohiths » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks bsrchalam. That was helpful.

SonyTinku4ILR

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Congratulations bsrchalam
ilrupdates wrote:

Thanks,

Continuous staying period was approximately: 4years 9months (if I have to round off 78 days initial entry delay to 90days)
Is it not 4 Years 8 months as you might have applied with in 28 days clause? I have my ILR appt next month(26th day from my expiry). Should I write 4 years 8 months or 4 years 9 months?

Also in section 11, which one is applicable? Is it 11L for HSMP+Tier 1 G scenario?

bsrchalam
Newly Registered

Post by bsrchalam » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:58 pm

SonyTinku4ILR wrote:Congratulations bsrchalam
ilrupdates wrote:

Thanks,

Is it not 4 Years 8 months as you might have applied with in 28 days clause? I have my ILR appt next month(26th day from my expiry). Should I write 4 years 8 months or 4 years 9 months?

Also in section 11, which one is applicable? Is it 11L for HSMP+Tier 1 G scenario?
well, 78days+18days to expiry of current visa = 96days really.

and yes 11L for HSMP+Tier1 G