ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Number of Days away from Country issue for ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zeon14
Newly Registered

Number of Days away from Country issue for ILR

Post by Zeon14 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi

I am on Tier 1 Visa. I know the limit of number of days you can be out of the country is maximum 180 days, to be still eligible for ILR. However, I have a query. I am still 2.5 years away from ILR and have about 80 days left to travel outside UK.

My company has an office in Gurgaon and I usually work from that office while i visit my family. Now If I ask my employer to provide me letters that I worked from the india office on a project, would those days I worked not counted in the number of days away from country?

Secondly - for cases where say I visited india for 5 weeks and worked in office for 3 and on vacation for rest 2 weeks - company is going to give me letter only for 3 weeks.

Will Home office be happy to accept that as the stamps on the passport will be 2 weeks after my work term ended in India.

I hope all this makes sense and someone can help me on this.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm

There have been some recent immigration rule changes that came into effect on Dec 13th 2012.

Therefore I would urge you to read the ILR FAQ before posting

Zeon14
Newly Registered

Post by Zeon14 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi
The new rules seems very generous. You can be away 180 days in every 12 month period in last 5 years? Am i understanding it correctly?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 pm

I'd advice you to read the rules & updated guidance carefully, to understand the requirements based on the immigration category you are applying under. It's true that you are now allowed 180 days absence during the 12 consecutive month periods during your 5 year residence, counting back from your application date.