ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PCN:Bus Lane fine

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MP1982

PCN:Bus Lane fine

Post by MP1982 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi all,

Applying for ILR next week and have a last moment panic,

Have received a PCN last year June for driving in a bus lane (£60 fixed penalty by Council),This was paid on time and no issues after that. Clean license and no other issue,

Some people say to include that in the application and have said Case workers have asked for those proof. But this is not a criminal offence so I can't put this under question 7.1 of Set(o),

But do I have to put this under section 7.3: against civil judgements or any civil penalty under UK immigration acts?

Appreciate feedback from seniors,members and members who had the same issue,

Thank you and regards,
MP

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

this is a FPN.. i beleive without any penalty points and court involvement so you dont need to involve.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Thank you for speedy response Askhan,

Don't you think a PCN goes under a civil penalty. Even though this has no negative impact towards my application don't you think I should mention this under civil penalty section. And have the proof attached ,

What do you think ?

Read a similar case where the guy mentioned the bus lane PCN under civil penalty and had no issue but the case worker asked for proof apparently to make sure he mentioned it,

So seems like no harm in putting it down under 7.3 and 7.4 or set O,

Let me know your thoughts,

MP

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 pm

You don't need to mention PCNs.
Now it's up to you if you want to mention or not.
Goodluck.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Thank you,

Is there any site which list out what are regarded as Civil Penalties under UK Immigration Act? Trued to search many sites buut couldnt find any specified list,

rgds,
MP

ilr_appln

Post by ilr_appln » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I think they are asking for Civil Penalties under Immigration act, not normal civil penalties(PCNs). If you notice all the major(criminal) traffic offences are covered under section 7.2.

Please see the link below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 pm

I was under the same impression,

So according to what you have sent and my research Immigration Civil penaltys are only applicable for illegal workking and Assylum etc. Not for anyother matter, The link is under Policy Guidance for Sponsorship. Is it the same one for all the Immigration matters?
If so ,
Hence PCN offences such as Bus Lane COntraventions which is not a crimianal offence (So dont go under point 7.1 and 7.2) nor a Civil Penalty under Immigration Act. So need not be mentioned at all for Set(O) ILR,

Rgds,
MP

ilr_appln

Post by ilr_appln » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Yes, that what my understanding. You need to declare only the major FPN like drink driving. No need to declare minor ones like speeding, parrking, etc, unless it is issued by court.

Traffic penalties are penalties under Traffic Act not under Immigration Act(my understanding).