ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application acknowledge email

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cosmos

British passport application acknowledge email

Post by Cosmos » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi experts,

Just would like to ask if is normal that when submitting my British passport application there is not acknowledge email received from HO at all?

Shall I just wait for the interview letter then?

Thank you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Its the IPS that processed passport applications not HO. Best would be to wait for them to contact you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: British passport application acknowledge email

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Cosmos wrote:Hi experts,

Just would like to ask if is normal that when submitting my British passport application there is not acknowledge email received from HO at all?

Shall I just wait for the interview letter then?

Thank you in advance!
You don't receive any acknowledgements for passport applications. You will need wait for the interview letter and documents.

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have now received the application form for the British passport but I have a question:

If I am applying under naturalization, why is there a section with my parents details on the form as if I am applying under British parents rule?

I look forward to clarifying this please.

Thanks

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Cosmos wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I have now received the application form for the British passport but I have a question:

If I am applying under naturalization, why is there a section with my parents details on the form as if I am applying under British parents rule?

Thanks
You still need to fill in the parents' section even if you are applying as a naturalised citizen.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Cosmos wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
Parents details are also used for ID purposes (together with date of birth, place of birth etc).

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Thank you Vinitmanu & Jambo, your help is very appreciated!