ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lella
Newly Registered

Duplicate Bank Statements

Post by lella » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:01 pm

Hello all,

Unfortunately i lost my original bank statements. I am in the country. I am going to apply for HSMP approval soon. When i have requested my bank for the statements. they have sent me duplicate statements, they look same as the original statements except the word [b]"DUPLICATE"[/b] on the statemnts. Will this create any problem?

Cheers
Lella

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:03 pm

The banks in UK do not stamp and sign bank statements. I got it clarified with HSBC. As per them, no UK bank stamps and signs statements now. The stamps were removed a year back or so. Mine were original though.

I even asked HSMP team about signing and stamping bank statements but they told me its not needed as the bank statements through post are origninal enough for HSMP purposes.

The duplicates, i know are exactly the same as originals but mention "duplicate" somewhere.

I do not think it should be a problem, but worth calling and asking HSMP team.

vasumahan
Newly Registered

hi

Post by vasumahan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 pm

Hi i suggest once you go to u'r respective bank and try, as i have a duplicate statement from barclaysin Dec 2006. where i have requsted bank people to stamp it the customer advisor over there stamped my statement.

Best of luck...

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:05 pm

i applied from switzerland (and application is under process) and my bank in switzerland also didnt agree to stamp the statements. And I had opted for e-statements when i opened the bank account and they suggested to take print of those pdf files and send them. According to them , if they send statment by post , they take the print of the same document and send it.
So finally what I did was, I asked them to send me the statements again (for the period I wanted) by post. And when the letter arrived me, I included the "unopened" letter from the bank with my HSMP application. Bank will charge something for this, but may be worth it, especially if one doesnt have paper statements directly and regularly from the bank.

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Lella

You should be ok as long as you explain the problem in your covering letter.

The last time I submitted my application, the last months statement never came in the post. I walked into a Natwest branch, requested a statement on A4 letterhead and got a date stamp/seal on it. Looks like that was accepted.

My appln was rejected for another reason though.