ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce affect on British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ks
Newly Registered

Divorce affect on British Citizenship

Post by ks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi.

I have been in UK close to 5yr 9months. I have been on Tier 1 visa and at end of 5 years, i successfully got ILR.

My marriage to my wife is ending from her side and she feels we don't fit together for some reasons. So she wants to divorce me and logging a petition. Her solicitor advised to apply divorce on unreasonable behaviour grounds and this is the only category which gets quick divorce.

Though none of us was unreasonable, its just it didnt work out and there has never been bad behaviour. She wants me to accept her petition (which means i will be admitting that i was unreasonable - though there was nothing like that)

Will Signing any document like this affect my british citizenship which is due in less than 3 months. I mean will it affect my police record or good character requirement?

PS - I was never on Spouse visa!

Thanks,
Ks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 pm

no impact.

depending on how quickly your divorce proceeding is complete, you'll either mention your partners detail as "current" partner or "previous" partner.