ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview and home visit for EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Interview and home visit for EEA family permit

Post by yogsmith » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 am

Get ready for interviews and home visits in year 2013 for EEA family permit. and I am yet to apply. Just waiting for some documents.

> Read last paragraph.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -civil.pdf

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:18 am

Recommendation 8: We recommend that the UK Border Agency develops a strategy on
the use of interviews and home visits in marriage cases.

UK Border Agency Response: accepted.

UK Border Agency is developing a strategy to re-introduce interviewing as a core part of the
immigration system. In 2013, we will increase the number of those who submit applications for
Immigration Rules based marriage visa and EEA Family Permit, both in country and overseas.
All interviews will be targeted according to our risk indicators, and we will use the evidence from
these interviews to further develop our evidence base, therefore enabling us to target future
interviewing and visiting approaches in the most effective way, as well as to identify
displacement and trends in abuse.
It would be lovely if they could do this effectively, and for EEA FP within the law. But I somehow doubt it.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 am

Wasn't it in the news yesterday, that a few more batches of backlogs (including applications for spouse visas of about ten years ago) were discovered?

On topic: EEA Family Permits are subject to the following (article 5.2 of Directive 2004/38):
Member States shall grant such persons every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such visas
shall be issued free of charge as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.
I really don't see how home visits can be compatible with this.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Almost meaningless Directive statement. If its done one day quicker than a comparable non-EEA application - that's accelerated.

The question is how long do similar non-EEA applications take? I would suggest the EEA family permit applications are quicker than those under the Immigration Rules and as the plans affect both types of application, the EEA will still be an accelerated application in comparison.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Kefer

In "COM 313" regarding entry visas you can read that delays of more than 4 weeks are not reasonable, i don't know exactly the significance of that document but it clarifies the matter.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 pm

This might actually be very good news.

Currently UKBA is illegally refusing EEA FP applications when they casually suspect a marriage of convenience. They do not even bother to contact applicants for more information or to ask for an interview.

If they now switch to actually inviting people in for interviews, it will likely mean a lot fewer incorrect rejections, and also likely that UKBA will more effectively find the applications which are truly marriages of convenience.
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:38 pm

And on the other side of the coin it might expose sham marraiges that would otherwise slip through, thus improving public confidence in a very lax check-box system.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:10 pm

Pablito wrote:Kefer

In "COM 313" regarding entry visas you can read that delays of more than 4 weeks are not reasonable, i don't know exactly the significance of that document but it clarifies the matter.
There is a slight mistake in the guidance. I believe it should say three weeks not four. (It refers to by analogy the visa procedure and in that 3 weeks is quoted).

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:24 pm

i am agree with the statement made by Directive/2004/38-Guru. This measure should be a sign of relief for genuine applicants who always be deemed as suspicious. And hopefully the processing time of eea2 might improve.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Tejas
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Interview

Post by Tejas » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Everyone. My husband and I applied for an EEA family permit. I live and work in the UK. And my husband is in India. We submitted the documents last week and got a call today for an interview. My husband will be attending the interview next week. What is the reason for this interview? Any ideas? And what are they going to ask? Any advice will be very much appreciated, please. Thank you.

stars

Re: EEA Family Permit Interview

Post by stars » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Tejas wrote:Hi Everyone. My husband and I applied for an EEA family permit. I live and work in the UK. And my husband is in India. We submitted the documents last week and got a call today for an interview. My husband will be attending the interview next week. What is the reason for this interview? Any ideas? And what are they going to ask? Any advice will be very much appreciated, please. Thank you.
when did you apply for EEA FP ? where did you get married? do you have any kids ?

Tejas
Newly Registered

Post by Tejas » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 pm

stars wrote:
Tejas wrote:Hi Everyone. My husband and I applied for an EEA family permit. I live and work in the UK. And my husband is in India. We submitted the documents last week and got a call today for an interview. My husband will be attending the interview next week. What is the reason for this interview? Any ideas? And what are they going to ask? Any advice will be very much appreciated, please. Thank you.
when did you apply for EEA FP ? where did you get married? do you have any kids ?

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Our Religous marriage took place on the 22nd Sept 2013, registered on the 24th of Sept 2013 and Documents submitted on the 27th of Sept. In India (New Delhi). No we do not have any kids and we were engaged for two years. Many thanks.

stars

Post by stars » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Pablito wrote:Kefer

hi guys what is com 313 and where can i find it?

stars

Post by stars » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:09 pm

Tejas wrote:
stars wrote:

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Our Religous marriage took place on the 22nd Sept 2013, registered on the 24th of Sept 2013 and Documents submitted on the 27th of Sept. In India (New Delhi). No we do not have any kids and we were engaged for two years. Many thanks.
Hi there i never heard if they are taking interviews for EEA FP Most probably they gonna ask you about your relationship how you met where you met who purpose for marriage where did you get marry why are you applying EEA FP right after marriage etc well best of luck i hope you guys ll get EEA FP soon

Tejas
Newly Registered

Post by Tejas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:31 am

stars wrote:
Tejas wrote:
stars wrote:

Hi there i never heard if they are taking interviews for EEA FP Most probably they gonna ask you about your relationship how you met where you met who purpose for marriage where did you get marry why are you applying EEA FP right after marriage etc well best of luck i hope you guys ll get EEA FP soon
Hi. Yes I know. We never expected an interview. Its in a few days and I am a bit worried what exactly they will ask. Thanks for your help.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:02 pm

How and where did you get married? Do you have only a religious marriage?

Tejas
Newly Registered

Post by Tejas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:How and where did you get married? Do you have only a religious marriage?
Hi There. Thank you for your message. We had our engagement function done last year in May 2012 and provided the pictures in our file. Then in September we undertook the religious marriage in a Sikh Temple in New Delhi (India) - we enclosed the pictures in our file. And then we got the marriage registered on the 24th of September - again in Delhi (India). Thank you.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:05 pm

we got the marriage registered on the 24th of September
What does this mean exactly?

Tejas
Newly Registered

Post by Tejas » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:15 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
we got the marriage registered on the 24th of September
What does this mean exactly?
It means registered in court. Court marriage.

But not to worry, we got the EEA family permit :)

Tejas
Newly Registered

Post by Tejas » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:16 am

Tejas wrote:
stars wrote:
Tejas wrote:
stars wrote:when did you apply for EEA FP ? where did you get married? do you have any kids ?

Hi. Yes I know. We never expected an interview. Its in a few days and I am a bit worried what exactly they will ask. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your help. We got the EEA FP :)

stars

Post by stars » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Tejas wrote:
Tejas wrote:
stars wrote:
Tejas wrote:

wow that's great quick and fast congrats can you give some details about timeline and what they ask you in interview it ll be help for many peoples cheers enjoy your stay in uk

Tejas
Newly Registered

Post by Tejas » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:41 pm

stars wrote:
Tejas wrote:
Tejas wrote:
stars wrote: Hi there i never heard if they are taking interviews for EEA FP Most probably they gonna ask you about your relationship how you met where you met who purpose for marriage where did you get marry why are you applying EEA FP right after marriage etc well best of luck i hope you guys ll get EEA FP soon
wow that's great quick and fast congrats can you give some details about timeline and what they ask you in interview it ll be help for many peoples cheers enjoy your stay in uk

Thank you. Timelines were as follows: File submitted on the 27th Sept. Interview on the 8th Oct. Visa granted on the 9th Oct. With regards to the interview, they asked my husband about our relationship: how we met, how we got engaged, how often we talk, where/how we talk, where I live in the UK, about my trip to India last year, how I arrived, our first meeting, just really they asked us about our relationship. Nothing too difficult at all.