ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICAN-Institute of Chartered Accountant Nigeria Equivalent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shtatien
Newly Registered

ICAN-Institute of Chartered Accountant Nigeria Equivalent

Post by Shtatien » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:54 pm

Can any Accountant on board clarify this.

It is given that any professional accountancy Body(whether Home or abroad) will not just want to throw their Charter Holder to an equivalent international body on platter of Gold, they will always want you to write their Final level exams if not including 1 or 2 papers in prev level.

What equivalent professional body Do I apply to to certify my ICAN Certificate to enable me claim the 35points on MSC?

Do I sent to NARIC To do the comparability for me?

Pls assist.

SHTATIEN

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:07 pm

I don't think the Chartered accountant certification can be assessed as equivalent to Masters - as only university-certified qualifications are.

esoluyemo
Newly Registered

Post by esoluyemo » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:32 pm

ICAN is not equivalent to ACCA, and ACCA is equivalent to UK masters programme. Part 1 & 2 completed of ACCA is equivalent to UK degree level, whereas a holder of ICAN will still do two papers will still do 3 or 4 papers in part 2 of ACCA. In conclusion, ICAN is not even ranked to be equivalent to the UK degree level. It is too bad. Isn't it? We are the one running away from our country, and willing to come and work here. My advice to you is that if you have good job in Nigeria, coming over is not the best for qualified accountants like us. Your certificate is irrelevant here and you will surely blame yourself coming here. It is not all that glitters that is gold. A word is enough for a wise. You are not bound by my advice anyway, but make sure that if you choose to come over here, that you dont come over with your family until you are given your FLR for 4years, and try as much as possible to leave your job opened in Nigeria before coming here as you might wish to run back when things are not going the way you expected. I wish you all the best.

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:53 pm

As pointed out by esoluyemo, ICAN is useless in UK..... and you better believe it before coming here, so that you wont be shocked mate

Shtatien
Newly Registered

Post by Shtatien » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:51 pm

PEOPLE,

WAHALLA DEY O!!!!!!!!!!!!

If ICAN is not recognised in UK, then we are in FOR-IT! This is not right!
So If I have an option to submit the HSMP application, I am ready to START AGAIN with ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this is injustice in day light!!!!

Why does Home office class Chartered Accountants from oversea as Highly Skileld then if their cert does not wiegh more than ordinary A-Levels equivalent.

This is a beging again affair ke! esolumeyo, WAHALA WA O!!!!

SHTATIEN