ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tinafeb20
Newly Registered

Post by tinafeb20 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:55 am

memyselfandi wrote:Dear Danman,
We kept both the maintenance funds and the investment funds in the same bank account. I sent one bank statement which showed the total balance in the end for both type of funds. So in total we showed £55,000 on one statement.

Please check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Is a webmaster listed as NQF level 4 or 6 job? If not, then you can't use this title. Try to use a title from THIS list that will make it easy for you to show your business activity.

Hope this helps.

Hi sister,
First of all Congrats on getting a visa.......God bless u and reach greater heights in your business.
Can you u please clarify me .....I have some questions regarding my business.....
1) I am registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self employed business for example as xyz IT Services and i showed my job title as Web designer apart from business operations as this job title exists in the codes of practice. can i go ahead with this business and job title and another question is what should i submit such as welcoming letter from HM revenue and customs is enough or do i need to pay National Insurance contribution and send payments proofs also.
2) Can u plz help me out how did u managed to create your company website and advertisement, did u approached anyone if yes can u please forward me the details so that i can do the same as u did.
3) Have u got an idea anyone who does flyers and business cards printing if yes can u plz forward these details as well.

your answers and details will help me a lot in lodging my application and it means a lot to me. Many thanks in Advance for your valuable suggestions.
eagerly waiting 4 ur reply.

tinafeb20
Newly Registered

Post by tinafeb20 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi sister(memyselfandi),
First of all Congrats on getting a visa.......God bless u and reach greater heights in your business.
Can you u please clarify me .....I have some questions regarding my business.....
1) I am registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self employed business for example as xyz IT Services and i showed my job title as Web designer apart from business operations as this job title exists in the codes of practice. can i go ahead with this business and job title and another question is what should i submit such as welcoming letter from HM revenue and customs is enough or do i need to pay National Insurance contribution and send payments proofs also.
2) Can u plz help me out how did u managed to create your company website and advertisement, did u approached anyone if yes can u please forward me the details so that i can do the same as u did.
3) Have u got an idea anyone who does flyers and business cards printing if yes can u plz forward these details as well.

your answers and details will help me a lot in lodging my application and it means a lot to me. Many thanks in Advance for your valuable suggestions.

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 am

tinafeb20 wrote:Hi sister(memyselfandi),

To answer 2 and 3...just google it and you will find so many options. Why do you want to use the same web designer and printer? Also, if you are a web designer then you might as well create your own website!

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Did you register as self-employed?

My friend is applying for this visa, and he is aware that the guidance allows applications under the self employed category, but he has been advised by two solicitors that most self employed applicants who don't register a company do not get visas?

innovative_entrepreneur
BANNED

Post by innovative_entrepreneur » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:31 pm

whiteroses wrote:Did you register as self-employed?

My friend is applying for this visa, and he is aware that the guidance allows applications under the self employed category, but he has been advised by two solicitors that most self employed applicants who don't register a company do not get visas?
Well i have not heard of it anywhere that if you are self employed then you must register a company as well. It may be possible that some solicitors give advice that its better to register a company rather than being self employed but I do not think that you must register a company as well if you are self employed too.

Please others give opinion about it.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:45 am

innovative_entrepreneur wrote:
whiteroses wrote:Did you register as self-employed?

Well i have not heard of it anywhere that if you are self employed then you must register a company as well. It may be possible that some solicitors give advice that its better to register a company rather than being self employed but I do not think that you must register a company as well if you are self employed too.

Please others give opinion about it.

hi#

Agree

Good luck
Shaukat

catscratches
Newly Registered

Re: How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Post by catscratches » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:58 am

I'm so glad I found your post! I got a retail business selling accessories & small stuff. I got a retail shop and I'm starting selling online as well. I saw your post that your business is retail as well, so I hope you could advise me if my business is ok for applying T1 entrepreneur. Me & my partner will apply as a team. I'm thinking to make our job title as "Marketing director/manager" and "Finance director/manager".
Some people told me that retail business is not included in the Level 4 so it's impossible for me to apply under this, which I feel it doesn't make any sense...
memyselfandi wrote:Hello everybody,

I have started this new topic because I got my Entrepreneur visa approved today and I want to help anybody who wants to know something about my experience with which they can benefit.

I applied for Entrepreneur visa on £50,000 investment from within the UK, with my 3 dependents (husband and two children) switching from PSW visa.

My visa processing time is as follows:

Application made: 6th June 2012
Application received by home office: 7th June 2012
Fee taken from my credit card: 8th June 2012
Letter to register Biometric details send on 11th June 2012.
Letter received: 13th June 2012
There was a problem with one of the letters of my dependents, so I called them on 14th June 2012 on 08706067766 and also emailed them at appointmentexceptions @ homeoffice. gsi. gov. uk
New letter sent 20th June 2012. Biometric details sent the same day.
Home office contacted me about a problem with my evidence on maintenance funds on 27th June 2012, which I clarified. I was advised to send further evidence within 7 working days.
Evidence sent 28th June 2012.
Evidence received at home office: 29th June 2012 (Tracked on Royal Mail website)
Inquired to get acknowledgement of receipt of evidence at Home Office just to check the status of my application on 3rd July. I was told the evidence was received by the visa officer on that day and that he would check it in due course.
Visa approved 4th July 2012.
Approval letter and all my documents received today 9th July.
Biometric Residence Permits also received today just 1 hour after receipt of Approval Letter.

Overall time: approx 1 month.

Alhamdulillah I am soooo happy guys. I hope all your visas get approved as soon as possible so that you can be happy too.

I just want you to know if you are applying the same visa as me, and if you have any questions on exactly what documents to send, if you want to ask anything about Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa switched from PSW visa with dependents, I am very happy to help and share all my knowledge, because I want as many people as possible to succeed because I know what a big dream this is for all of us. All I need in return is a small prayer from you for me and my family for our future.

Take care. :D
:D :D

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Congratulations.

Would be grateful if you could answer a query.

I also run an online business selling beauty products, but have been told by a number of people that I don't qualify for switching into the entrepreneur category from PSW. Did you also sell some other product/service online, considering it is a retail business?

Thanks.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:06 am

dd156 wrote:Congratulations.

I also run an online business selling beauty products, but have been told by a number of people that I don't qualify for switching into the entrepreneur category from PSW. Did you also sell some other product/service online, considering it is a retail business?

Thanks.
hi

I went through the whole list of occupation again even i went through before.

i read the MAC report but could,nt find a clue for a retail business. here is the link check page 14.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

There is one more technical thing which is complicated to explain here but that could be only possibility. The job title she used (girl who got visa in 1 month) was marketing professional, Now the job title is Graduate level.
when filling up the application form there is no question about what is your business, UKBA just asked for job title and thats it.

But when you go for extension it could be problem or may not be.

Above all is just my personal opinion which could be wrong.

Regards
Shaukat

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 pm

smehmood wrote:
dd156 wrote:Congratulations.

Thanks.
hi

I went through the whole list of occupation again even i went through before.

i read the MAC report but could,nt find a clue for a retail business. here is the link check page 14.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

There is one more technical thing which is complicated to explain here but that could be only possibility. The job title she used (girl who got visa in 1 month) was marketing professional, Now the job title is Graduate level.
when filling up the application form there is no question about what is your business, UKBA just asked for job title and thats it.

But when you go for extension it could be problem or may not be.

Above all is just my personal opinion which could be wrong.

Regards
Thanks for this. The reasoning does make a lot of sense.

ihdinoct
Newly Registered

Post by ihdinoct » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi memyselfandi

I am going to apply my Entrepreneur visa in next couple of months...
Really pondering to start any new business.
Can you please tell me what all elements had you been considered to start your company?

What all marketing tools have you submitted ? Did you give Online link to UKBA or just a print out of your Compay's Website?

Can you please share your email id to my mail, it would be really appreciated..

Thanks and regards,
sister

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Is Retail business OK to get enterprenure visa(PSW 50k)

Post by Naheedsammar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 am

Dear Memyselfandi,

I got few question and send you PM I would be obliged if you take few min out and answer some of my queries. Through your posts it seems that you have got visa on the basis of online retail business but i been told and to my understanding its not possible to get visa based on retail business as nature of the business is Level 3. Please correct me if i am wrong. I am in big trouble now as i have started a new business spend a lot of money and now i cant get visa on it:(.

Your early response would be highly obliged.

emli
Newly Registered

urgent

Post by emli » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 pm

can somebody tell me what documents need to be shown to prove registered as self employed with hmrc?? for switching from psw to tie 1 enterprenuer????

emli
Newly Registered

urgent

Post by emli » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:53 pm

can somebody tell me what documents need to be shown to prove registered as self employed with hmrc?? for switching from psw to tie 1 enterprenuer????

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: urgent

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:30 pm

emli wrote:can somebody tell me what documents need to be shown to prove registered as self employed with hmrc?? for switching from psw to tie 1 enterprenuer????
Check policy guidance point 107,108.

point 109 give you the details of list of documents which are accepted as prove of self employed registration.
regards

emli
Newly Registered

urgent

Post by emli » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:52 am

my visa expires in 2 weeks and i have not received any documents from hmrc which prove i have registered for self employed...
can i register for ltd company now with company house? does their documents easy to get for visa application?

plzzzzzzz suggest asap. switching psw to tier 1 enterprenuer

sriks

Re: urgent

Post by sriks » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 am

emli wrote:my visa expires in 2 weeks and i have not received any documents from hmrc which prove i have registered for self employed...
can i register for ltd company now with company house? does their documents easy to get for visa application?

plzzzzzzz suggest asap. switching psw to tier 1 enterprenuer
I suggest creating your own thread, rather than appending to thisone..

however.. yes if u create a company ul get the formation documents by the end of the day (maximum) and directors report is instantly available from companieshouse website.

alex87
BANNED

Post by alex87 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 pm

How did you manage to switch from PSW to Tier 1 Entrepreneur with a retail business with 50,000? I was under the impression that even the business itself must be at graduate level, i.e. NQF level 4 or above.

emli
Newly Registered

Post by emli » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

yes It is a level 6 business. i havent swtiched yeat. but applying.
only thing is, i have not received any documents from hmrc. can any1 know what to do?? Can I request as put up a letter with application stating that i am waiting a letter from hmrc. once i get it i will be submitting to ukba???

alex87
BANNED

Post by alex87 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:05 pm

emli wrote:yes It is a level 6 business. i havent swtiched yeat. but applying.
only thing is, i have not received any documents from hmrc. can any1 know what to do?? Can I request as put up a letter with application stating that i am waiting a letter from hmrc. once i get it i will be submitting to ukba???
Retail is level 3 not 6.

emli
Newly Registered

Post by emli » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:07 pm

when did i say retail???? its IT software busi

alex87
BANNED

Post by alex87 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 pm

emli wrote:when did i say retail???? its IT software busi
Well, my question was for the the person who posted this thread. She got a visa with an online retail business, which is NQF level 3, and hence my question as to how she managed to switch with GBP 50,000. It wasn't a response to your earlier posts.

samaygrg

Re: Hello

Post by samaygrg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:17 pm

tier1enterpreneur wrote:Hello everyone who are scratching their heads like me with the complications of applying for Entrepreneur visa. For all those who have been successful big congratulations to them. For whom are in the process lets make this a more informative forum.
Right to begin with only if the ukba website was concise rather than extra informative and contrasting would have been helpful.
I am almost done with all the requirements. Registered today as self employed but waiting for a response from their end to send me documentation. any clue if anyone has done this with the time frames?

Next is contracts, advertisements and engaged in business activity can someone please highlight this for me as I would like to get more information about this.

Also its so confusing as on the website it says for initial applications they need only limited documents like evidence to investment funds, passports pics, third party funds, english score. For extension i see the requirements of requirement of evidences of engaged in business activity, investment of funds, self employment proof.

So if the later is required for extension how is it that we are meant to send it for initial applications with people mentioning they got a letter asking to provide contracts also solicitors recommending to provide the same.

DAMMMMM its so confusing.

Yeah, this is my query too. Anyone please suggest if you have any extra info about it.

Thank you in advance.

samaygrg

Re: UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur Visa

Post by samaygrg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 pm

sholibi2001 wrote:Hello Everyone,

Am hoping to submit my application for Enterpreneur visa,but i just want to know if a Master's degree holder from UK need not to show English.Also what is the document that i need to show for my dependants.
Please,help..........Thanks

1- Your UK master degree's certificate qualifies your english requirement and you can checkthis in UKBA's point calculator for eligibility check in entrepreneur visa category.

2- Your dependent's passports.

Good luck.