ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The letter from employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Muscovite

The letter from employer

Post by Muscovite » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:36 am

stating the current continuous employment - how old should it be?
30 days before the date of applications? any requirements at all?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:39 am

You need to quote your visa status for someone to reply and it might also be worth reading the guidance for an answer.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 am

I'm on Tier 1 General. Will be applying for ILR in March under HSMP+Tier 1 scheme.

I'd also appreciate if someone enlightens me on the below (I just booked a PEO appointment)

"Print and sign the official form and bring it to your appointment. To do this, click Next below". I don't have Next button. I can only print out the confirmation e-mail with an appointment reference. But what is this "official form"?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am

Muscovite wrote:I'm on Tier 1 General. Will be applying for ILR in March under HSMP+Tier 1 scheme.

I'd also appreciate if someone enlightens me on the below (I just booked a PEO appointment)

"Print and sign the official form and bring it to your appointment. To do this, click Next below". I don't have Next button. I can only print out the confirmation e-mail with an appointment reference. But what is this "official form"?
In your case the employment does not matter as long as you score the required points.

I had the same confusion but it think all it means is the application form, set(O) in your case.

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks Shahid, that was helpful. I just wonder so I don't need to show them that I am currently employed (economically active) when applying for ILR?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 am

Yes, T1G applicants are not required to submit an employer letter. You can take your P60's with you in the event a case worker asks you to prove that you were economically active during the 5 years.

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:45 am

I found it in the other topic:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=124256

For some reason people bring these letters (that you are employed and required for foreseeable future. Maybe we are talking about different things?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 am

While there are applicants who submit employer letters when applying for ILR as T1G Migrants, this is NOT a requirement stated in the rules. An employer letter stating that you are required for the foreseeable future is however a requirement for those applying as T2 or WP Holders. I.e. employer sponsored immigration categories.

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks very much - that was valuable!

Deepa999

Post by Deepa999 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Muscovite wrote:Thanks very much - that was valuable!
Hi,
recently approved my ILR, I haven;t submitted any employer letters or P60
just submitted,
applicattion
BRP
Paylsips
Bankstamts
Photos
Life in UK test results

applyforILR

Post by applyforILR » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Congrats Deepa!!

Did you submit the letter from employer?
I am on Tier 2 (ICT) and would need to submit the letter as a requirement. I might not be able to get the letter from my sponsor because it wouldn't be in favour of my sponsor if I get ILR.
I need to know if there is any alternative to this letter?

Thanks in advance.

Deepa999

Post by Deepa999 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:16 pm

applyforILR wrote:Congrats Deepa!!

Did you submit the letter from employer?
I am on Tier 2 (ICT) and would need to submit the letter as a requirement. I might not be able to get the letter from my sponsor because it wouldn't be in favour of my sponsor if I get ILR.
I need to know if there is any alternative to this letter?

Thanks in advance.
I haven't submitted any letters,
As a employer they have to give a letter, completely unacceptable if they are not happy to give the letter

try in all the ways, Good luck

Deepa