ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion with my name in the KOL ceritifcate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confused_soul
Newly Registered

Confusion with my name in the KOL ceritifcate

Post by confused_soul » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR in March. I have a question with respect to how my name is printed.

in my passport it is like this:

Given Name: AA
Surname: BB CC

BB is actually my middle name, but there is no middle name section in Passport

For KOL application , in the details sections, I gave it as,

Given Name AA
Middle Name BB
Surname CC

But when they printed the KOL certificate, they missed the middle name and printed as AA CC.

Do you think this is something to worry about? DO I need to include a covering letter explaining this?

Any one else had a similiar problem?

Any suggesttions would help

Thanks,
Hari

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Confusion with my name in the KOL ceritifcate

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm

confused_soul wrote:Hi,

I am applying for ILR in March. I have a question with respect to how my name is printed.

Given Name AA
Middle Name BB
Surname CC

But when they printed the KOL certificate, they missed the middle name and printed as AA CC.

Do you think this is something to worry about? DO I need to include a covering letter explaining this?

Thanks,
Hari

This is nothing to worry about - i think you are being over sensitive :-)

techie_09

Re: Confusion with my name in the KOL ceritifcate

Post by techie_09 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 pm

confused_soul wrote:Hi,

Given Name AA
Middle Name BB
Surname CC

Thanks,
Hari
My middle name was also not printed in the LIUK test certificate. I was told this is a system limitation while printing but case worker should be able to see full name in system. Also it has date of birth also so I would rather not worry about it. BTW I have a ILR due early February.
Techie

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 am

same situation with my wife but no problem, got ILR as my dependent last Nov
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=118408
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:11 am

I also have one question with regards to the name display. Might be I am over sensitive, but its worth clarifying. I will use dummy name as an example to ask my question which is as follows:

My Name so far on my Passport has been: A B James Bond, where A B James was always treated as First name and Bond as my Last name.

Same has been the case with all my visas issued by UKBA as well as in my LIUK result sheet.

Since my passport was expiring, I had to go to my country's Embassy and they told me that I cannot use A B as initials and rather asked me to give the full name for initials. So I gave my name as:

Alpha Bravo James Bond, which is now in my newly renewed passport.

Question is, as A B James Bond has been my name on all my documents since birth, will this abbreviated name have any effect on the application for ILR I will submit later this year? Any chances that this will create a confusion for UKBA, though I will attach my previous passport with this newly renewed one when I will apply for my ILR.

Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

REDBULL110.