ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (general) dependent or student visa. please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi there
I have got few questions regarding dependent visa from Pakistan.
I tried to look out this question but no luck so I am sorry if this question has been discussed somewhere else on the forum.

I am on tier 1 (general) visa here. My other half is in Pakistan. We had only nikah back in 2010 but without rukhsati(rukhsati=proper marriage in Pakistan). Her parents have changed her details on ID card and passport from fathers name to husbands name in April 2011 without even consulting me.

I have not updated my status here with UKBA as it was only nikah not rukhsati so my status is single in UKBAs records, infact I am single as I am not married yet according to UK law.
Now we are planning to do rukhsati in august or September 2013 and she is planning to study in UK too.
So my questions are following:

1. Can she study on dependent visa if yes then which would be the best visa to apply for, dependent or student?

2. If she goes for dependent visa then would it be a problem for me to sponsor her as a husband coz my status is single and her passport shows that I am her husband?

3. If she goes for student visa then obviously she has to mention that she is married as her passport suggests that she is married even though it was only nikah and we haven't done rukhsati yet. would it effect me by any chance or by any means as my status is single here?

4. If she comes on student visa and later on we will decide to switch her visa from student to my dependent, do we need to register our marriage here in UK according to UK law or not?

5. Would I need to update UKBA of my status after our rukhsati(proper marriage) or would I need to do this on the time of my extension?

If you answer my questions number wise then I will be obliged. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

askhan
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 (general) dependent or student visa. please help

Post by askhan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:13 pm

shiekh123 wrote:Hi there
I have got few questions regarding dependent visa from Pakistan.
I tried to look out this question but no luck so I am sorry if this question has been discussed somewhere else on the forum.

I am on tier 1 (general) visa here. My other half is in Pakistan. We had only nikah back in 2010 but without rukhsati(rukhsati=proper marriage in Pakistan). Her parents have changed her details on ID card and passport from fathers name to husbands name in April 2011 without even consulting me.

I have not updated my status here with UKBA as it was only nikah not rukhsati so my status is single in UKBAs records, infact I am single as I am not married yet according to UK law.
Now we are planning to do rukhsati in august or September 2013 and she is planning to study in UK too.
So my questions are following:

bro, DONT MAKE THINGS COMPLICATED FOR YOUR SELF

1. Can she study on dependent visa if yes then which would be the best visa to apply for, dependent or student?

apply for tier 1 general dependent and she can study here with out any sponsor.

2. If she goes for dependent visa then would it be a problem for me to sponsor her as a husband coz my status is single and her passport shows that I am her husband?

it doesnt matter, untill you are british citizen UKBA wont bother

3. If she goes for student visa then obviously she has to mention that she is married as her passport suggests that she is married even though it was only nikah and we haven't done rukhsati yet. would it effect me by any chance or by any means as my status is single here?

My Advise dont go for student its a BAD IDEA

4. If she comes on student visa and later on we will decide to switch her visa from student to my dependent, do we need to register our marriage here in UK according to UK law or not?

5. Would I need to update UKBA of my status after our rukhsati(proper marriage) or would I need to do this on the time of my extension?

No you dont need as I already said they dont bother at all.

If you answer my questions number wise then I will be obliged. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Dear Askhan

Thanks for your suggestions. I would take them into consideration.

Any other expert opinion would be much appreciated as I don't want to take any risk which would effect my ILR as my ILR would be due roughly after one years time.

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:22 pm

such a big and helpful forum but in contrast of this, nobody seem to have time for my questions to suggest something helpful. Very strange.

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

shiekh123 wrote:Dear Askhan

Any other expert opinion would be much appreciated as I don't want to take any risk which would effect my ILR as my ILR would be due roughly after one years time.
if your wife go for student visa, it might cause lenghty process to get her ILR.

but for u it wont cause any issue
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks for your reply, you are the only one in the whole forum who is helpful. thanks again.
If my wife comes on dependent visa does she need to prove English language requirement?
askhan wrote:

if your wife go for student visa, it might cause lenghty process to get her ILR.

but for u it wont cause any issue

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 pm

thanks for the complement, i beleive when people see one senior has responded they wont repeat the same answer again.

====

for your query: if she is coming as dependent and would stay as dependent no plans for studies then NO ENGLISH test will required. but there is no harm giving ielts in case by the time you are applying for visa and suddenly UKBA think to change you cant say anything. as they change law and policy very often.

for study requirement YES she need to have academic ielts.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Re: re

Post by shiekh123 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. another couple of questions please.

yes I took ur advice and planning to go for dependent visa but I have heard that there is an English language requirement to A1 (or I am not sure about the level) for dependents. correct me if I am wrong.

1. what is the time line for dependent visa from Pakistan now a days?
2. Is there any interview in the UK embassy or not?
3. What document would be required for the dependent application? (please mention both sides i.e me & my wife documents)
4. Am I falling in the category of £18600 income threshold?
(I switched from student to tier 1 (general) in Dec 2008)

Please reply. thanks in advance.

askhan wrote:thanks for the complement, i beleive when people see one senior has responded they wont repeat the same answer again.

====

for your query: if she is coming as dependent and would stay as dependent no plans for studies then NO ENGLISH test will required. but there is no harm giving ielts in case by the time you are applying for visa and suddenly UKBA think to change you cant say anything. as they change law and policy very often.

for study requirement YES she need to have academic ielts.

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 am

Dear Askhan where r u????????

please help me

1. what is the time line for dependent visa from Pakistan now a days?
3. What document would be required for the dependent application? (please mention both sides i.e me & my wife documents)
4. Am I falling in the category of £18600 income threshold? If yes then what is the minimum requirements like how many months salary I have to show with what kind of proves? is there anything else etc etc...

Please reply. thanks in advance

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:46 am

I am not always logged on on thif forum, so please be patient after leaving your queries.

what is the time line for dependent visa from Pakistan now a days?

4-8 weeks

not that I know, so far interviews are only for students

3. What document would be required for the dependent application?

long list, you tell me your list and i will check

(please mention both sides i.e me & my wife documents)
4. Am I falling in the category of £18600 income threshold? If yes then what is the minimum requirements like how many months salary I have to show with what kind of proves? is there anything else etc etc...

you are NOT A BRITISH CITIZEN so this does not apply to you .. and also english requirement is so far for spouse visa not for dependent .. she need to pass the LIUK test with you when she is going to apply for ILR
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

ambareen
Newly Registered

dependant or visit visa?

Post by ambareen » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi,

I have a similar dilemma so hoping this is the right topic to get answers.

So here's my story:
I am on a Tier1 visa, due to apply for PR (ILR) later this year in September 2013.
I just got married (Nikah) on Jan 11th 2013 and was back to UK on 13th Jan 2013. I plan to go back for the month of March and have the Valima (reception) which completes the marriage ceremony.
We have the marriage registered based on the Nikah that took place, so that would be for 11th Jan 2013.

My newly found husband plans to visit and spend time with me for around 2 months (June and July 2013). During this period he does not intend to work as he will be returning to his job in India.

I was wondering if he can apply for a visit visa this time and later get a dependant visa when I have got my PR (ILR) approved?

Obviously getting a visit visa is more economical and he does not intend working. But I am afraid this will ruin or affect his dependant visa application later in the year?? Please advise if that will be the case.

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ambareen

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:13 am

Dear Askhan
Thanks again for ur help.
documents I am preparing are as follows.

My wife's docs:
1. Passport
2. 2 passport size pictures.
3. Marriage certificate.
4. at and after rukhsati w'll take pictures so I would attach them too.
5. Marriage invitation cards.

My docs:

1. Passport copy (does it need to be attested?)
2. BRP card copy.
3. Tenancy agreement (can it be a recent agreement or it has to be 2/3/4 months old)
4. Utility bill. (would elec or gas bills be enough or can bank statement alone be enough and for how long?).

my questions are as follows:

1. I was reading somewhere that you have to attach a report from council for some kind of over crowded house. I am not sure what was that but can you please let me know if there is any requirement like that?

2. I have already mentioned that our nikah was already done back in 2010 and rukhsati will be in next couple of months. So do I need to give any evidence of subsisting marriage which I really dont have coz all communication was on skype, viber or through calling cards.

3. As nikah was done in 2010 and rukhsati is going to be done soon so what would be the marriage date, nikah or rukhsati? should be rukhsati coz after rukhsati marriage is going to be completed.

4. If rukhsati would be marriage date then I dont need to prove subsisting thing anymore coz we would be applying right after marriage.

5. How soon my wife can apply for dependent visa after rukhsati?

6. Does she need to prove English language ability?

7. Would 5 years probation rule apply on my wife to get ILR?

8. I have just checked and I got records of my communications on skype but its only giving from 31 july 2012 till october 2012 then I started using viber and viber is showing all the msgs as well since I started using it rill date but I dont know how to put viber msgs in hard copy. So my 8th question would be that skype and viber record from 31 july 2012 up to date would be enough to fulfill subsisting requirement if its needed?

9. Subsisting evidence has to be in English or in any language. I give u an example, we write most of the times urdu by using english letters like " MEIN THEEK HUN, TUMHARA KIA HALL HAE".

Please help and oblige.
Thanks in advance

askhan wrote:I am not always logged on on thif forum, so please be patient after leaving your queries.

4-8 weeks

you are NOT A BRITISH CITIZEN so this does not apply to you .. and also english requirement is so far for spouse visa not for dependent .. she need to pass the LIUK test with you when she is going to apply for ILR

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:36 pm

knock knock knock
is anybody there?

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks again for ur help.
documents I am preparing are as follows.

My wife's docs:
1. Passport
2. 2 passport size pictures.
3. Marriage certificate.
4. at and after rukhsati w'll take pictures so I would attach them too.
5. Marriage invitation cards.

tb certificate, her nic and latest passport with your name and old one as well, send some money to her sing western union from PHONE service you both will receive confirmation letter. ... marriage certificate should be in english and certified from foreign office. also need english copy for NIC

her nic on your home address.

My docs:

1. Passport copy (does it need to be attested?)
2. BRP card copy.
3. Tenancy agreement (can it be a recent agreement or it has to be 2/3/4 months old) FINE
4. Utility bill. (would elec or gas bills be enough or can bank statement alone be enough and for how long?).FINE

brp card copy should be colored and attested through a lawyer, your pay slips, bank statement, employer letter. you mobile and landline bill. your nicop.

personal pic with your wife like in restaurent or in a party + wedding pics.

my questions are as follows:

1. I was reading somewhere that you have to attach a report from council for some kind of over crowded house. I am not sure what was that but can you please let me know if there is any requirement like that?

no thats fine as long as you have TA .....

2. I have already mentioned that our nikah was already done back in 2010 and rukhsati will be in next couple of months. So do I need to give any evidence of subsisting marriage which I really dont have coz all communication was on skype, viber or through calling cards.

skype and viber are not accepted, call her using your cell from your land line or mobile. email conversation 5 10 emails.

3. As nikah was done in 2010 and rukhsati is going to be done soon so what would be the marriage date, nikah or rukhsati? should be rukhsati coz after rukhsati marriage is going to be completed.

NIkkah is final marriage.. so dont get confuse and dont let them confuse.

4. If rukhsati would be marriage date then I dont need to prove subsisting thing anymore coz we would be applying right after marriage.

most common reason for refusal is less proof of communication. so provide as much as you can.

5. How soon my wife can apply for dependent visa after rukhsati?
she can write she wan to visit next month. so any date.
6. Does she need to prove English language ability?
no
7. Would 5 years probation rule apply on my wife to get ILR?
yes she has to wait for ilr, she wont be able to apply for ilr with you
8. I have just checked and I got records of my communications on skype but its only giving from 31 july 2012 till october 2012 then I started using viber and viber is showing all the msgs as well since I started using it rill date but I dont know how to put viber msgs in hard copy. So my 8th question would be that skype and viber record from 31 july 2012 up to date would be enough to fulfill subsisting requirement if its needed?

take screen shot and print

9. Subsisting evidence has to be in English or in any language. I give u an example, we write most of the times urdu by using english letters like " MEIN THEEK HUN, TUMHARA KIA HALL HAE".

mate, in BHC pakistan all the cases were dealt by Pakistani, so they understand urdu. CIO is the only english person rest is all local resident

Please help and oblige.
Thanks in advance

askhan wrote:I am not always logged on on thif forum, so please be patient after leaving your queries.

4-8 weeks

Kind Regard,
A.Khan

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Thank u very much askhan

Her NIC and passport is already with my name as I already mentioned in my previous post. It was changed to my name from her fathers in April 2011 but I am still single in UKBA records (I HOPE IT WONT CREATE ANY ISSUES FOR ME OR FOR HER IN THIS AND FUTURE APPLICATIONS, PLEASE COMMENT).

obvsly I haven't got any receipts of sending her any money.

1. If I send her money now and keep receipts would it be fine and how many receipts would be enough?

2. what is the best way to send money which is acceptable to UKBA?

3. I have got Email conversations since 2008. would it be enough proof?

coz I have viber and skype communications but no telephone/mobile bills as I never called her directly.
4. Would it be fine If I start calling her now directly from my mobile? My mobile is not on my name does it make any difference?

5. Shall I explain in a cover letter that nikah has been done in 2010 and now rukhsati has happened in 2013 etc explaining all the situation or just apply without any explanation?

6. If I explain the whole thing in a cover letter would it be confusing for them or like u mentioned that staff is local so might be helpful for them to understand the situation? I am confused on this point.

Please help and oblige

Thanks in advance

shiekh123
Newly Registered

Post by shiekh123 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi, is anybody there?

prathyusha reddy
Newly Registered

please help me out..

Post by prathyusha reddy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 am

I have applied for tier1 general dependent UK visa on 29-1-2013
I have submitted all the documents which are required
i have submitted My husband's first job five payslips from 31-8-2012 to 31-12-2012 and second job six payslips from July 2012 to December 2012
So am worried about the first job payslips,they are only five.does this lead to problem?
This is the second time am applying,last it got refused due to bank statements.now we have submitted everything uptodate but am worried about the first job payslip,does this lead to problem??
Please reply asap or email to prathyushareddy26@gmail.com

SHERI268
Newly Registered

Post by SHERI268 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:10 am

HI GUYS ...
i need your help about the tier 1 dependent visa .... i am bit confuse about some documents if you guys could help that will be great ... let me explain you some thing about my history..
i am currently in uk and have a long student visa which i valid till 2014 but i want to switch to tier 1 dependent visa ...my wife she is on tier 1 visa and she just got her extension and few days ago we register our marriage here but we have nt done NIKKAH yet coz of family they want us to come back and do the proper shadi stuff but as per UK law we are married now ..so i am bit confuse coz i have to apply dependent from pakistan so is it my marriage certificate fine for that or i have to do NIKKAH??
and 2nd thing what sort of documents required for the do i have to get a letter from my university to prove them i am studying here in uk coz they ask on form about last 10 year immigration history as well
please guide i ll be very thanks full to you