ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Job Title vs Employer Soc Letter--ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veji
Newly Registered

WP Job Title vs Employer Soc Letter--ILR

Post by veji » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi

Wondering if the job title in the workpermit(Analyst programmer) & employer provided soc letter job title(applications developer) should it match ?

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 am

In that case, you need to achieve 2 things :

1. Does the Job Description on SOC tables match or closely match your current job/role?

2. Is the SOC pay rate OK in your case , ie are you paid at least higher than shown on SOC table?

Your employer letter could benefit from the Template provided on the sticky above.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

veji
Newly Registered

Post by veji » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:In that case, you need to achieve 2 things :

1. Does the Job Description on SOC tables match or closely match your current job/role?

2. Is the SOC pay rate OK in your case , ie are you paid at least higher than shown on SOC table?

Your employer letter could benefit from the Template provided on the sticky above.

Thanks wp,
The closest match is systems developer in soc list and the sal is above the related sal .

just wonderng if cw will ask anything abt original wp job title withthe employer letter.

also this query is not prt of this post.

i got only 7months bank statements on my name or say sal to my account and previous sal deposits was on my wife's account... shd 7 months ok or do i have to take prev a/c stmts with a cover note?

Thanks a lot for ur inputs..

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:35 am

veji wrote: Thanks wp,
The closest match is systems developer in soc list and the sal is above the related sal .

just wonderng if cw will ask anything abt original wp job title withthe employer letter.

During my own ILR application, there was a slight confusion relating to the job title mismatch. However, the employer letter (which is required) made that clarification.
also this query is not prt of this post.

i got only 7months bank statements on my name or say sal to my account and previous sal deposits was on my wife's account... shd 7 months ok or do i have to take prev a/c stmts with a cover note?

Are you required to submit 12 months payslips/bank statement? For your own preparedness, your approach should be fine.

Thanks a lot for ur inputs..

veji
Newly Registered

Post by veji » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:07 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
veji wrote:
During my own ILR application, there was a slight confusion relating to the job title mismatch. However, the employer letter (which is required) made that clarification.

Employer soc letter says applications developer & original wp says analayst prog... going through ur other post, any changes in job title shd be informed which we didnt? emp letter says nearest match to soc but the current title differs to original wp :(

any wrdings to be used if cw stress abt this?

thanks a lot

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:09 am

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Congratulations...