ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

could this be a scam

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pokemon
Newly Registered

could this be a scam

Post by pokemon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

hello everybody ,
my daughter received a letter today claiming to be from the ukba/dwp asking her to send her details .the letter reads .Thank you for your correspondence requesting validation of your immigration status (which she didn't request or correspond with anyone from ukba)..ukba require further information to complete a comprehensive check your immigration status . complete the form and send it to an email address ,ukba.dwpstatusvalidation@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.there is no fone number to contact on letter .just an address to send to .could this be a genuine letter .because the way letter has been written .....there is no dear miss so and so ..we called the homeoffice and gave him the email address and they said they dont have an email add like that .on the letter it says contact dwp.we did and we gave them the reference number which they said there are no records of her with that reference .and that its got nothing to do with them .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

The main point is that UKBA and DWP are two completely difference government departments and deal with completely different things.

I would it is a scam particularly if you say your daughter did not request any validation.

This link will give you more information :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/scams/

I would suggest to report it to the number at the bottom of the page in the link.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Highly_Skilled

Re: could this be a scam

Post by Highly_Skilled » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:50 pm

pokemon wrote:hello everybody ,
my daughter received a letter today claiming to be from the ukba/dwp asking her to send her details .the letter reads .Thank you for your correspondence requesting validation of your immigration status (which she didn't request or correspond with anyone from ukba)..ukba require further information to complete a comprehensive check your immigration status . complete the form and send it to an email address ,ukba.dwpstatusvalidation@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.there is no fone number to contact on letter .just an address to send to .could this be a genuine letter .because the way letter has been written .....there is no dear miss so and so ..we called the homeoffice and gave him the email address and they said they dont have an email add like that .on the letter it says contact dwp.we did and we gave them the reference number which they said there are no records of her with that reference .and that its got nothing to do with them .
Firstly, the UKBA would not need to ask a person to clarify their immigration status. They will have this information regardless. If the DWP needed to know this then they would come straight to UKBA.

Second the e-mail address given is not the right format. E-mail addresses for UKBA end.....ukba.gsi.gov.uk and same for DWP.......dwp.gsi.gov.uk

Do not respond to this letter

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

It is a proper email address, plus some UKBA addresses are "homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk"

For example michael.morrison@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
On this page:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/news- ... cumentary/

This one for Tier 4 and Tier 2 sponsors:

SponsorProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... onsorship/

Any email with .gov.uk is an official email. Gsi stands for government secure intranet.

http://gps.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/sites/d ... 20v2-9.pdf