ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

un disclose CCJ

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beedi
Newly Registered

un disclose CCJ

Post by beedi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Dear Moderators
i got my ILR in 2011 november, i applied for Naturalisation in November 2012,still waiting for Decision, past six years we living in a rented house,recently we decided to go for a mortgage and came to know that i got a CCJ from 2007 for a mobile phone contract, i had a problem with 02 for unknown charges and then we decided to cancel, they asked us to pay rest of contract which i refused, i had no idea that they will put me for CCJ, any way question is when i fill the application i did not fill any details of CCJ as i was not aware of it. please any one can advise what to do now, do i let HO no straight away phoning them or writing an letter, i am gutted now, will i be refused, if i get refused do i lose ILR as well, please any one help with advise

thanks

Mel2012
Newly Registered

Post by Mel2012 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 pm

I read somewhere here that has the same situation like you hope this might help http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=122501

Rehan Arain

Post by Rehan Arain » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi Beedi

Do you know how can in know I have CCJs ?....I used Trust Online check and report was clean.

Just for muy satisfaction, I would like to know if there is another way to check.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 am

Rehan Arain wrote:Hi Beedi

Do you know how can in know I have CCJs ?....I used Trust Online check and report was clean.

Just for muy satisfaction, I would like to know if there is another way to check.
Trust online is the correct tool to use.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: un disclose CCJ

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:07 am

beedi wrote:Dear Moderators
i got my ILR in 2011 november, i applied for Naturalisation in November 2012,still waiting for Decision, past six years we living in a rented house,recently we decided to go for a mortgage and came to know that i got a CCJ from 2007 for a mobile phone contract, i had a problem with 02 for unknown charges and then we decided to cancel, they asked us to pay rest of contract which i refused, i had no idea that they will put me for CCJ, any way question is when i fill the application i did not fill any details of CCJ as i was not aware of it. please any one can advise what to do now, do i let HO no straight away phoning them or writing an letter, i am gutted now, will i be refused, if i get refused do i lose ILR as well, please any one help with advise

thanks
If you have a ccj it is unlikely to refuse you unless you're an undischarged bankrupt. Though, you should have given details of your ccj, ignorance of the law is no excuse generally. Check trust online to see if you have a ccj first. if you do You may be able to ask the courts to set aside a ccj if there is good reason. Go to your local cab and see if it can be set aside if not then see an immigration solicitor.