ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Doc

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tikejhya

Supporting Doc

Post by tikejhya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 am

Hi all,

Please guide me if i am duplicating same topic but i cannot see what i am looking for interms of my circumstances for supporting documents.

I am currently in PSW Dependent and switching to Tier2 Employer sponsored visa using Residence labor test.

My company did labor test, and they didnt find anyone where as a result i am going to apply for visa.

My docs:
RLMT -> Jobcenter + CW JOBS
(Interviewed and all doc available if required)

My Job position offered is NQF level 6
Salary (Met)
Current Valid Orig Passport
Old Passport
English Language Points (As i am uk graduate)
Maintenance Fund (available)
Sponsor
Sponsor Ref Letter
COS -> unrestricted available/ not allocated yet.
2 recent Photo

Please please suggest what am i missing or is there anything else i need to look into.

Regards
Tikejhya

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 pm

bump (any suggestion ) :^)

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Supporting Doc

Post by physicskate » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 pm

tikejhya wrote:Hi all,

Please guide me if i am duplicating same topic but i cannot see what i am looking for interms of my circumstances for supporting documents.

I am currently in PSW Dependent and switching to Tier2 Employer sponsored visa using Residence labor test.

My company did labor test, and they didnt find anyone where as a result i am going to apply for visa.

My docs:
RLMT -> Jobcenter + CW JOBS
(Interviewed and all doc available if required)

My Job position offered is NQF level 6
Salary (Met)
Current Valid Orig Passport
Old Passport
English Language Points (As i am uk graduate)
Maintenance Fund (available)
Sponsor
Sponsor Ref Letter
COS -> unrestricted available/ not allocated yet.
2 recent Photo

Please please suggest what am i missing or is there anything else i need to look into.

Regards
Tikejhya

I am no expert, but I am not too sure that PSW dependents are elligible to switch to Tier 2 in-country. It may be a case of you returning to your home country to apply. If that were the case, you would need a RESTRICTED CoS.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

sashwilldo
Newly Registered

Post by sashwilldo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 am

Hi tikejhya

Firstly you are exempt from RLMT if you are currently on Tier 1 PSW and switching to Tier 2 General. You need an unrestricted COS from your sponsor. May I know when is your current visa expiring and what SOC code are you mentioning on your COS?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 pm

sashwilldo wrote:Hi tikejhya

Firstly you are exempt from RLMT if you are currently on Tier 1 PSW and switching to Tier 2 General. You need an unrestricted COS from your sponsor. May I know when is your current visa expiring and what SOC code are you mentioning on your COS?
They said PSW Dependent!!! This is different than holding a Tier 1 PSW!!!!

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Hey guys thank, but we seem to mislead topic here now,

physicskate: I thought doing RMLT will allow me to apply within UK. I think this is something i need to look into. After reading various thread i came to know this seems to be a hurdle.

sashwilldo: No i am in PSW dependent.

Please anyone quide me?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 am

You can't apply from within the UK as its not possible to switch in country from psw dependent to tier 2. As advised above you would also need a restricted cos.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 am

Hey Greenie,

Thank you for response, Once again to clarify, Do i need to go back in below given circumstance.

2010 - Graduate from UK
2010 - PSW Granted
2012 June - (Applied for Company license)
License delayed so before expiry of my PSW visa i went back to Home
2012 Aug - Got PSW Dependent (Before expiry)
2012 Aug - After getting PSW Dependent Company also received license with 2 unrestricted COS

Now as i am on PSW dependent switching from psw from back home and having that COS for visa application do i still need to go back and apply for another restricted COS?

Please advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 am

Yes you will still need to go back home as your current leave is psw dependent and therefore you cannot apply from within the UK.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you for feedback, I appreciate your feedback this saved me from commiting huge mistake.

Could i please know how long my labour test will work for.

My company have completed labour test (35 days job advertisement and didnt get any one to fit considering various aspect),
ofcourse my cos will expire on april but if my employer re-issue me cos (restricted cos)
Can i show same RLMT and job ref may be 6-8 months later?

Please suggest.