ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

implication of getting FLR. please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aggbbs
Newly Registered

implication of getting FLR. please help

Post by aggbbs » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Dear Gurus and seniors, please I am very confused now.

My husband applied for ilr in sept 2012 under 5 years work permit and I applied for ilr also as his dependent because I have been his dependent for 5 years also.
our solicitor said we should vary the application and I apply for flr(m) because I got IN10 and LC20 which is a crimnal conviction.

the solicitor said I can then apply for ilr after my conviction has been spent( the rules then was no ilr with criminal record )So i had to vary the application to FLR.
but according to the new rules I can apply for Ilr after 2yrs( my conviction was jan 2012) which will be Jan 2014.

But if I am granted FLR, do I need to wait for another 5 years before I get ILR or can I apply in Jan 2014.

I donot know what to do now and some people even got the ILR with similar convictions.

please advise me.

Gagan1986

Re: implication of getting FLR. please help

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:14 pm

aggbbs wrote:Dear Gurus and seniors, please I am very confused now.

My husband applied for ilr in sept 2012 under 5 years work permit and I applied for ilr also as his dependent because I have been his dependent for 5 years also.
our solicitor said we should vary the application and I apply for flr(m) because I got IN10 and LC20 which is a crimnal conviction.

the solicitor said I can then apply for ilr after my conviction has been spent( the rules then was no ilr with criminal record )So i had to vary the application to FLR.
but according to the new rules I can apply for Ilr after 2yrs( my conviction was jan 2012) which will be Jan 2014.

But if I am granted FLR, do I need to wait for another 5 years before I get ILR or can I apply in Jan 2014.

I donot know what to do now and some people even got the ILR with similar convictions.

please advise me.
Apply for FLR and you will be eligible to apply for ILR after Jan 2014

aggbbs
Newly Registered

Post by aggbbs » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 am

Thank you Gagan for your reply,

I have already varied my ILR application to FLR.

My concern is that people say you have to be on FLR for 5 years before you could apply for ILR in respective of having being on a dependent of someone on work permit for 5 years prior to getting FLR.
Please is that true or not?

Thank you