ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 am

Don't worry, you should be fine. Not only solicitors, but sometimes the UKBA reps are also not aware of these policies...however, it's worth reading this response from UKBA
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shahab99

Maintenance requirement for FLR M old rules

Post by shahab99 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:39 am

Thanks for reffering to the post which is understandable but my question is that I will be the main migrant and I have not got any job or regular income as I am about to finish my PhD and my wife is not working as well so in this case I cannot show a regular income but can I show my bank statement for maintenance allowance for my wife application on FLR M if yes how much and for how many months.

Thanks

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 am

Damanisshallo wrote:Don't worry, you should be fine. Not only solicitors, but sometimes the UKBA reps are also not aware of these policies...however, it's worth reading this response from UKBA
Can you advise me if i can apply flr(m) without the financial requirement and then how soon can i apply for settlement for my wife as she will be more than 2 years already in UK (psw dependent and tier 1 general dependent)

You have been great help much appreciated

Xcape_24
Nigeria

Re: FLR M maintainance

Post by Xcape_24 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:26 am

Hi cityboy25 i did ring them [ukba] and the lady at the other end said i have to wait till the end of the working day [25th jan 2013] before my case worker could make a decision,in may case i received a letter dated 11th of january but didnt get the letter till the 15th jan,saying i should upload my english test on the ukba website which i did immediatly,in the letter i receive from ukba i had my little girls passport returned which i never asked for,saying a copy as been made.so have my wifes passport and daughters passport back all they have got is just my passport and documents.
So am hoping by next week i should hear from my case worker,its been a long wait,so did you call them as well and any update?

Xcape_24
Nigeria

hi

Post by Xcape_24 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 am

Hi cityboy25 i did ring them [ukba] and the lady at the other end said i have to wait till the end of the working day [25th jan 2013] before my case worker could make a decision,in may case i received a letter dated 11th of january but didnt get the letter till the 15th jan,saying i should upload my english test on the ukba website which i did immediatly,in the letter i receive from ukba i had my little girls passport returned which i never asked for,saying a copy as been made.so have my wifes passport and daughters passport back all they have got is just my passport and documents.
So am hoping by next week i should hear from my case worker,its been a long wait,so did you call them as well and any update?

rassell
Newly Registered

Waiting time for flr m application

Post by rassell » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi,I applied on 30th of may 2012,bio -taken 05/07/2012,it has passed 8 months ,I haven't receive my document back ,I am mentally ill for my application,I cannot explain my mental situation ,everyday I wait for a decision from home office,but they don't care about us.in this modern world ,it takes a few days to process an application.but I don't know why they takes too long time,I don't know how long I have to wait ,I just wana say that I am out of patience ,but I should be...........plz help me god...

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Maintenance requirement for FLR M old rules

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 pm

shahab99 wrote:Thanks for reffering to the post which is understandable but my question is that I will be the main migrant and I have not got any job or regular income as I am about to finish my PhD and my wife is not working as well so in this case I cannot show a regular income but can I show my bank statement for maintenance allowance for my wife application on FLR M if yes how much and for how many months.

Thanks
There is no definite answer for this. However, you can use a third party (your parents/relatives) as a sponsor. Similar to what you might've showed whilst on student visa. However, please seek for some professional advise or may be send an email to ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk to get a confirmation. Atleast this way you'd have a written confirmation which you can use while making FLR(M) Application.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:59 pm

habsimak wrote:Can you advise me if i can apply flr(m) without the financial requirement and then how soon can i apply for settlement for my wife as she will be more than 2 years already in UK (psw dependent and tier 1 general dependent)
Yes you can. Since she's already completed her residential qualifying period, she can apply for settlement as soon as she's issued with her FLR(M).
Skydrives, Templates

shahab99

Post by shahab99 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 am

Thanks for your answer Damanisshallo
One more question

Is it necessary for the dependent of long resident settled person to apply on FLM and then apply for settlement soon after that OR she can apply straight away for settlement if she has already completed the two years probation requirement for settlement as PBS migrant.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 am

shahab99 wrote:Thanks for your answer Damanisshallo
One more question

Is it necessary for the dependent of long resident settled person to apply on FLM and then apply for settlement soon after that OR she can apply straight away for settlement if she has already completed the two years probation requirement for settlement as PBS migrant.
Unfortunately, for 10 yr LR it is mandatory (at least as of now) to switch to FLR(M) before applying for ILR
Skydrives, Templates

loverboy
Newly Registered

set m application when to apply?

Post by loverboy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 am

hi, i entered UK on fiance visa on 2nd of December 2011 and got married on 2nd of March 2012 then applied for spouse visa flr m and i received my Brp in October dated visa valid from 13th October 2012 and expires on 12 October 2014. my question is when am i eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain as i entered the country on fiance visa in December 2011? and when did my probationary period start from?

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Re: set m application when to apply?

Post by andrew_walker » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 am

loverboy wrote:hi, i entered UK on fiance visa on 2nd of December 2011 and got married on 2nd of March 2012 then applied for spouse visa flr m and i received my Brp in October dated visa valid from 13th October 2012 and expires on 12 October 2014. my question is when am i eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain as i entered the country on fiance visa in December 2011? and when did my probationary period start from?
'You can apply for settlement as a husband, wife or civil partner if:

you have completed a period of 5 years in the UK, with a visa or permission to remain here in this category;'

I would look for an exact definition of 'category', but the way things are worded leads me to believe the fiance category to be separate to the partner category, and so it would be a 5 year period from when you received your spouse visa in oct 2012.

loverboy
Newly Registered

Post by loverboy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:05 am

well i am eligible under old rules as you can see my dates Andrew

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: set m application when to apply?

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:06 am

loverboy wrote:hi, i entered UK on fiance visa on 2nd of December 2011 and got married on 2nd of March 2012 then applied for spouse visa flr m and i received my Brp in October dated visa valid from 13th October 2012 and expires on 12 October 2014. my question is when am i eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain as i entered the country on fiance visa in December 2011? and when did my probationary period start from?
I presume, you can apply 28 days before 12Oct2014
IND Public Enquiries wrote:The fiancé(e)/proposed civil partner visa is issued for a 6 month period, during which time you would be expected to finalise your plans and marry or register your civil partnership. Employment is prohibited under this visa. Once the marriage or civil partnership has taken place, you will need to apply for further leave to remain as a spouse/civil partner on application form FLR(M).
The spouse/civil partner visa is for a probationary period of 2 years, during which time you will be able to work without restriction. You will be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom no more than 28 days before this visa expires, on application form SET(M).
Skydrives, Templates

loverboy
Newly Registered

Post by loverboy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:14 am

well i had thought i could apply after completion of 27months in the country regardless of when i received my residence permit

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Fiance

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 am

loverboy wrote:well i had thought i could apply after completion of 27months in the country regardless of when i received my residence permit
SET(M) wrote:If we gave you permission to remain in the UK as an unmarried or same-sex partner and are now applying to settle here as the husband, wife or civil partner of the same person, your 2-year qualifying period started on whichever is the later of these two dates:

the date when we gave you permission to remain as an unmarried or same-sex partner; or
the date when you arrived in the UK.
Settlement Checking Service wrote:If you were given an entry clearance visa (issued abroad), your 2-year qualifying period started from the date your visa was stamped, by the Immigration Officer, when you entered the UK.

If you have a residence permit or a biometric residence permit (BRP) (issued in the UK) the 2-year qualifying period started from the date these were issued (valid from date).
Time spent under Fiance Visa does not count towards the qualifying period of ILR.
Skydrives, Templates

mbt2013
Newly Registered

Waiting times update?

Post by mbt2013 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi all,

I recently submitted my application for a FLR(M) visa (from a Tier 4 visa) on Jan 18th and received the notification letter 6 days later. I was wondering if anyone has heard how long the wait time is currently? Especially after the BBC wrote that article about thousands of cases were taking way too long to be decided.

My husband and I are already married, but we are supposed to have a ceremony in the US on 21 September. Is that date wishful thinking?! After reading a lot of the posts, it seems like we ought to move the date back. I just can't believe it'd take them over 3-6 months to process this..

I've tried calling to ask, but haven't been able to get through.. Anyone know a good number to call?

Thanks,
mbt

SalmanS.Zafar
- thin ice -

VISA PROCESSING TIMES

Post by SalmanS.Zafar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm

DEAR ALL,

The VISA PROCESSING TIME is as following -

EEA Application made inside the United Kingdom: 3 Months from the date of application.

Any other visa application made inside the United Kingdom: 6 months from the date of application.

These visa processing time as advised by the UK Border Agency themselves and are a guidance to caseworkers.

If your application is taking longer then the visa processing time, you should chase up the UK Border Agency. How can you chase up the UKBA? There are various ways... Ask if you wish to know!

Best of Luck peeps x

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting times update?

Post by andrew_walker » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:58 pm

mbt2013 wrote:Hi all,

I recently submitted my application for a FLR(M) visa (from a Tier 4 visa) on Jan 18th and received the notification letter 6 days later. I was wondering if anyone has heard how long the wait time is currently? Especially after the BBC wrote that article about thousands of cases were taking way too long to be decided.

My husband and I are already married, but we are supposed to have a ceremony in the US on 21 September. Is that date wishful thinking?! After reading a lot of the posts, it seems like we ought to move the date back. I just can't believe it'd take them over 3-6 months to process this..

I've tried calling to ask, but haven't been able to get through.. Anyone know a good number to call?

Thanks,
mbt
We have a similar situation. In Aug 2012 we booked a trip to see the in-laws in March 2013. We applied in September, and only then we found out it can take up to 6 months, if not more. Very annoying!
But although we're pretty sure we're not going to get the docs back by March, we're going to wait until the middle of next month to change our plans, last minute.

I think you have a better chance of getting yours back in time though. People have said on here that the time is most likely to be 6 months from when you submit your biometrics. That typically comes 2 months after you've sent your docs.

So nothing is definite of course, but if you are able to wait until the last couple months to change your plans, that's what my suggestion would be. A ceremony is not something easily changed last minute though I realise.

And to be honest with you calling them is no good because they can't comment on individual cases

mbt2013
Newly Registered

Post by mbt2013 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks andrew_walker. I think we may just go ahead and push the ceremony date back to avoid heartache, stress, money loss, etc.

I hope you get to travel in March! Fingers crossed for you guys.

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Post by andrew_walker » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:14 pm

mbt2013 wrote:Thanks andrew_walker. I think we may just go ahead and push the ceremony date back to avoid heartache, stress, money loss, etc.

I hope you get to travel in March! Fingers crossed for you guys.

Yeah, I don't blame you. The whole process is stressful as it is, you don't need the added.

Thank you so much, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! Add your details to the spread sheet if you're able to.

Xiaozhu

Re: VISA PROCESSING TIMES

Post by Xiaozhu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 pm

SalmanS.Zafar wrote:DEAR ALL,

The VISA PROCESSING TIME is as following -

EEA Application made inside the United Kingdom: 3 Months from the date of application.

Any other visa application made inside the United Kingdom: 6 months from the date of application.

These visa processing time as advised by the UK Border Agency themselves and are a guidance to caseworkers.

If your application is taking longer then the visa processing time, you should chase up the UK Border Agency. How can you chase up the UKBA? There are various ways... Ask if you wish to know!

Best of Luck peeps x
This is NOT happening. 'other' visa applications made inside the UK are taking 8 to 9 months, not 6. Do not believe any of the statistics the UKBA give you - they are out of date and wildly innaccurate.

ID29

Re: First post & Timeline

Post by ID29 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 pm

ADee wrote:This is my first ever post on this forum...

Before proceeding further I really want to appreciate the efforts and help of some of the members like 'Damanisshallo', 'Backagain' & 'ID29'...

This forum also helped me a lot to stay positive & patient in this state of frustration and never ending wait.

... I want to ask that if anyone know a standard format of writing a letter to Local MP regarding FLR (M) application, as I am thinking to involve my MP into this.
Thank you ADee, sorry for the late response but I've been working away.

Like you, this forum was a great help while awaiting the outcome of our own application (I'm the sponsor) and therefore it seems only fair that I give something back when I can. To be fair though, the best contributions don't come from us wise heads; but from those like yourself that share your time-lines. Somewhere, someone, will be reading this that has a similar application path to yours and will be hugely comforted that they are not alone... and that is priceless.

As for your question about involving your MP? There is no standard format letter. Simply introduce yourself, explain your problem/concern and ask if he/she could assist. I caution you that MPs don't have any privileged access or sway over the UKBA so don't expect any miracles in your own case. But collectively, the more MPs alerted to the problems with the application process will, over time, help improve the system.

Stay strong, the wait is worth it even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 am

Hi there,

This is my first post to basically show the timeline on the application for my Wife's FLR(M).

I have added it to my signature, but here it is in the body of the post:-

FLR(M) posted: 27/11/2012
Acknowledgement: 29/11/2012
Payment Taken: 29/11/2012
Biometrics Request: 24/01/2013
Biometrics Submitted: Imminent
Passport/Docs: Waiting
BRP: Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Tier 4 (Student)

It would seem that the 2 months to get the biometrics request is still there, I am just hoping that the time from biometrics submission to BRP is coiming down...

Thanks!

redbeard
Newly Registered

status update

Post by redbeard » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:46 am

Hey all,

I've been perusing these boards for a while now but have never shared. Reading other's experiences has been helpful, encouraging but at the same time despairing. I had found when someone posted their good news I had simultaneous feelings of happiness and resentment. So I share this news with a bit of a heavy heart for those still waiting. It has been a very difficult run but I can now share the news that my FLR (M) has finally been issued. My timeline as follows:

USA National married British National March 31st
Applied FLR (M): Mid April... rules/fees changed days after I printed out form. *facepalm* Application returned May 11th. (Fiance visa expired May 15th...got really really lucky the documents returned in time)

Fresh Application submitted via post May 11th
Acknowledgement letter received two weeks later.
Biometrics letter June 16 (done same day)

In the meantime only called the UKBA a couple times after six months passed...obviously no info.
Contacted MP... Very friendly/understanding but their hands were tied.

Watched a sh*tload of television.

Received BRP card yesterday January 28, via messenger bike.
Received Passports/documents 30 min later, via Royal Mail.
Documents dated January 23rd.

My wife and I are elated! But my heart goes out to all of you still waiting, hopefully your pain will be over soon. There is light at the end of the tunnel... you'll make it! Drink heavily and get some new hobbies in the meantime.

Wish you all the best! ...I'm deleting these bookmarks :)

B

Ohh... and FOR GOD'S SAKE PAY THE EXTRA MONEY TO HAVE A SAME DAY APPLICATION!!!

SPREAD THE WORD!!!