ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Form 7.11 section clarification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haris2108

SET(O) Form 7.11 section clarification

Post by Haris2108 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:35 am

Hi

I am filling SET(O) form for my ILR ( HSMP + Tier1).

7.11. how long have you lived in the UK? Years Months --> 4 years 11 months[/i]

Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time.

Can you help me in saying what shall i say for the above? I was away for more than 180 days in total of 4 years 11 months which includes business & personal travel . However never in a single stretch absent in any calendar year for more than 6 months. What shall i fill in the above section? Should I fill all my absent details? I guess all my absent days were already covered in 6.2.
Do not get what shall I fill in this section 7.11?

Thanks
haris

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm

I personally think you don't need to fill it. according to my understanding this section is asking if you have any absence or absences of more than 180 days (6 months) in one single stretch.

what do you say seniors members please?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:40 pm

ilrupdates wrote: what do you say seniors members please?
Completely agree.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Question 7.11 is asking how long you have lived in the UK (years & months). The period of time applicable here, would be from the date you arrived to your application date. If that is 4 years and 11 months, then yes that's what you should state.

You can leave "Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time" blank.

marsenal

Post by marsenal » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:56 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Question 7.11 is asking how long you have lived in the UK (years & months). The period of time applicable here, would be from the date you arrived to your application date. If that is 4 years and 11 months, then yes that's what you should state.

You can leave "Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time" blank.
This is my interpretation as well. What are you putting down in D1 where it asks if you have been here for 5 years?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 pm

marsenal wrote:What are you putting down in D1 where it asks if you have been here for 5 years?
This should be answered as "yes", because the purpose of the question is to determine whether you have met the residence requirement for ILR.

marsenal

Post by marsenal » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
marsenal wrote:What are you putting down in D1 where it asks if you have been here for 5 years?
This should be answered as "yes", because the purpose of the question is to determine whether you have met the residence requirement for ILR.
Thank you that's what I thought but just wanted to check as technically I will have only been in the UK for 4 years and 11 months when I apply.

jonkil
Newly Registered

Post by jonkil » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:20 pm

I have been in the UK student+FTI+Tier 1. On 7.11, 'how long have you lived in the UK?', should I mention the no. of years since I started as a student or are they looking for the start date on the basis of which this application is being made i.e. start of Tier 1?

uksettlement
India

Re: 7.11

Post by uksettlement » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 pm

jonkil wrote:I have been in the UK student+FTI+Tier 1. On 7.11, 'how long have you lived in the UK?', should I mention the no. of years since I started as a student or are they looking for the start date on the basis of which this application is being made i.e. start of Tier 1?
Re read the question on the form for your answer!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Could anyone help please...

- SET(O) section 7.11 - How long have you lived in the UK? Shall I count it from the date I first entered the UK on WP? (considering I was out for 10 continuous months when I was on tier-1) do I need to exclude this 10 months period?.

- Section 7.11 further says "Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time". Do I need to enter details here for my 10 months leave out of UK even if none of 12 months have more than 180 days absence or can I say "None - all absences are less than 180 in the given 5,4, 3, 2 , 1 year. Refer to the absence sheet attached"

Thanks.

answerme
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) Form 7.11 section clarification

Post by answerme » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Section 7.11 on page 19 in form O - "[b]Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time[/b]". I was outside UK for more than 180 days in 1 instance, but it's not more than 180 days in 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st year based on backward calculation of continuous period.

What should I fill on the form? Please advise.

I am on tier 2 ICT.

Venkat79
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat79 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:34 pm

I need help on a similar issue:
I was out of country on a single stretch for a total of 11 months, but based on my planned date of application it is being broken into 6 months in one year (180 days) and 5 months (160 days) in another year.

Should I still be providing details of my 11 months break in the table for 7.11

Thanks,
Venkat

JiDan
Newly Registered

Post by JiDan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:21 am

Hello,
Have we got any answers for these questions?

I''m in the same soup.
Seniors have a look this please?
Thanks
J