ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Codes and rates charged

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dd156
BANNED

SOC Codes and rates charged

Post by dd156 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Do we have to charge the minimum amount stated in the SOC codes guide issued by the UKBA? For example, the minimum amount that someone on a tier 2 visa should be paid as an Research and Development officer is 17.42 per hour. Does this minimum rate stated also apply to the rates charged by Tier 1 Entrepreneurs?

smehmood
BANNED

Re: SOC Codes and rates charged

Post by smehmood » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:40 pm

dd156 wrote:Do we have to charge the minimum amount stated in the SOC codes guide issued by the UKBA? For example, the minimum amount that someone on a tier 2 visa should be paid as an Research and Development officer is 17.42 per hour. Does this minimum rate stated also apply to the rates charged by Tier 1 Entrepreneurs?

HI

I m sorry but did not get your question and purpose of question.

Regards
Shaukat

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:06 pm

smehmood wrote:
dd156 wrote:Do we have to charge the minimum amount stated in the SOC codes guide issued by the UKBA? For example, the minimum amount that someone on a tier 2 visa should be paid as an Research and Development officer is 17.42 per hour. Does this minimum rate stated also apply to the rates charged by Tier 1 Entrepreneurs?

HI

I m sorry but did not get your question and purpose of question.

Regards
I mean that when you look at the document on the UKBA website which states the SOC codes for job roles, there a minimum rate stated.
For example,
SOC Code and Description:
1137 Research and development managers

Appropriate salary rate:
£17.42 per hour

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixj/

And similar salary rates are provided for different job types.
My question is, is this a guideline about how much the entrepreneur should charge for his services?
I'm asking because I'm deciding on how much to charge for the services I provide. Obviously I need to charge at least the minimum wage, but do I need to meet the criteria that UKBA has set?

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:30 pm

that criteria got nothing to do with Tier 1 Enterprenuer ,You can charge and pay whatever you want provded it is more than minimum.