ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving offence without conviction - to mention or not

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prabhus14
Newly Registered

Driving offence without conviction - to mention or not

Post by prabhus14 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Hello All,

This thought is keeping me awake for a while now. I have my ILR appt next week. I got involved in a driving offence last November. Fortunately, the letter from the Police has now come up saying 'no action will be taken'. I spoke to them and got confirmed that there are no conviction, fines or penalties in my name :)

In the form, I will be marking "No" for conviction. But should I mention about this incident at all? The two thoughts running in my mind are:

1. Keep it simple - Don't mention
2. Mention and attach the letter just to be safe.

Any suggestions guys?

Regards,
Prabhu

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:29 pm

@Prabhus14

This is a simple open and close issue. The question that HO is asking in the form is focus on you having a criminal record that is reflected on your CRB and/or any other court cases that you settled out of court. Does your issue fall into any of these? If yes, I guess you need to accurately enter that in the form, if not you have nothing to worry about and IMHO, you should not enter that information into the form. I would hold the letter confirming that no prosecution would be held against you as a supporting document in case any discussion comes up about that.

Lastly, do verify that the letter is not a caution in which you will need to enter into the form.

Hope this helps

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 pm

No offence on record? No need to mention.
Goodluck.

KTM
Newly Registered

Post by KTM » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Prabhus 14

I hope you sailed through last week. Did you mention traffic offence in your application form? I also got involved in a minor traffic offence and received same letter no further action will be taken.

Really appreciate if you share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

KTM
Newly Registered

Post by KTM » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello Prabhus 14

Any update

Regards,

KTM

sarvar
Newly Registered

FPN-3 points

Post by sarvar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:49 pm

I also got 3 points on my license along with £60 fine for speeding. I'm willing to show it in the form, however section 7.2 clearly say not to include FPN for speeding.
And section 7.4 for is not related with traffic offence. So where i should mention that I've got 3 FPN for speeding.
your early response would be highly appreciated, as i've got appointment at PEO in Croydon on 21/2.
Many Thanks.

Gagan1986

Re: FPN-3 points

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 pm

sarvar wrote:I also got 3 points on my license along with £60 fine for speeding. I'm willing to show it in the form, however section 7.2 clearly say not to include FPN for speeding.
And section 7.4 for is not related with traffic offence. So where i should mention that I've got 3 FPN for speeding.
your early response would be highly appreciated, as i've got appointment at PEO in Croydon on 21/2.
Many Thanks.
Kindly keep your queries in one post so the members aren't wasting time to reply again and again to the same question