ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident card status or Permanent residence statud

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mall
Newly Registered

Resident card status or Permanent residence statud

Post by mall » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 am

Hello everyone.
I have a question to ask if anyone can help please.My friend got her resident card
through her brother and this year is the fifth year but due to family issues his brother has to move to his wife's country and making him unable to complete her pr.
Her boyfriend is an eea national and they plan to get married in november this year.
My question is will she be able to apply for permanent residence or a new resident card for another five years.Thanks for your help
Her brother is an eea national and the move is because of his wife's health.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Should be alright i suppose, but there may be a bit of a fight with Home Office, as they believe an extented family member has to be in the UK with the EEA national for the duration of their residence card for them to qualify for PR.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mall
Newly Registered

Post by mall » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks very much for your reply.