ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paper work needed for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ridewithme

Paper work needed for ILR

Post by ridewithme » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi guys, we are planning on applying for ILR for my husband......just need to know what kind of paper wrk would we need as we live with my parents and so dont have any tenancy or utility bill statements on our name as everything is under my parents name. Please advise....

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Start by reading the ILR FAQ: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

And SET(O) form and guidance along with the latest immigration rules.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 am

What is his current visa?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks for the replies.......he is currently on spouse visa.....thanks....!!!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:44 pm

ridewithme wrote:Thanks for the replies.......he is currently on spouse visa.....thanks....!!!
I presume you are either British or hold ILR. If so then the form to take a look at would be SET(M) & not SET(O) which I mentioned in my previous response.

Q19 under the ILR FAQ (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378) sticky will be specifically useful to you & your husband.
Q19 - What documentary evidence(s) should I use to prove cohabitation?

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:41 am

Yeah i am British....and thank u for ur advise.......i have been reading a bit on the interenet about the changes in the immigration rules and stuff.......just need to know that my husband just needs to do the Life In The UK Test and no other courses??........also as i have mentioned earlier that he overstayed his visa and returned voluntarily and then we got married and he applied for a spouse visa in India which was granted.......is it going to be a problem now while applying for ILR.....i mean can they refuse it on that basis......Please advise me.......and Thanks once again.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:40 pm

ridewithme wrote:Yeah i am British....and thank u for ur advise.......i have been reading a bit on the interenet about the changes in the immigration rules and stuff.......just need to know that my husband just needs to do the Life In The UK Test and no other courses??........also as i have mentioned earlier that he overstayed his visa and returned voluntarily and then we got married and he applied for a spouse visa in India which was granted.......is it going to be a problem now while applying for ILR.....i mean can they refuse it on that basis......Please advise me.......and Thanks once again.
1) Please read the SET(M) form and guidance to understand what specifically he requires. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/
2) I do not see his previous overstay impacting his ILR application as the spouse of a settled person, so long as he meets the requirements applicable to his current immigration category.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks for the reply. Also what rules would apply to my husband as on the UKBA website it shows new rules from 9th July 2012. Also if at all they do reject the ILR, what options would we have. Please let me know. Thanks.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Any advise on earlier posts plz.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi......could i get some advise on if my husband just needs to pass the Life In The UK Test or has to also do an ESOL course as well. Please advice.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Just life in the UK test will be enough

ilrukpeo
BANNED

Post by ilrukpeo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:12 pm

ridewithme wrote:Hi......could i get some advise on if my husband just needs to pass the Life In The UK Test or has to also do an ESOL course as well. Please advice.
The following below link then you can see the list of English Language Tests that have been assessed as meeting the UK Border Agency‟s requirements from the
13 December 2012

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 am

Hi Gagan.......Thanks for the reply......Hi Ilrukpeo....thanks for your reply as well......but does that mean that passing the Life In The UK Test wont be enough alone.....he needs to pass an ESOL course as well...???......I am really confused as Gagan seems to reckon just passing the LITUK test shud be enuff.....guys please help.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 am

If he qualifies as an English speaker (i.e. if his English skills are at or above ESOL Entry Level 3 or Scottish Intermediate 1) then he will just need to do the LITUK test.

If not then he will need to do a ESOL course. Please read the information provided under the link as suggested before to understand.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 am

Thank u for the reply........his english is at quiet a gd standard n he secured 8.5 bands earlier when he had done an IELTS exam to apply for spouse visa a year and a half ago......we just looking into if he still needs to do the ESOL course just to make our paper wrk stronger.........also does any1 kno how long this course as in its duration is??..........also with the new LITUK test launching in March, would passing the old LITUK be ok or does the new test needS to be done as well. Thanks.