ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling during Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

click
Newly Registered

Travelling during Naturalisation application

Post by click » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi,

I'll send my application of naturalisation to UKBA in Last week of April 2013. I read on UKBA website that it would take upto 6 months time to get confirmations. However I've planned to travel to my home country in early June 2013. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to travel abroad or not during naturalisation process.

Would you please advice me, am I allowed to travel during naturalisation application process or will I've to wait almost 6 months.

Many Thanks,
Ashaan

mkhan84
Newly Registered

Post by mkhan84 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 pm

hi, yes it takes time for them to decide about the application. you are obviously free to travel in the island and i believe some air companies or ferry do allow you to fly with your license or other id mention in their websites.

if you are eu eea and have your passport and id card then its ok to go out of the uk using one of your id which is not with home office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:55 pm

If you apply using NCS, they will take copies of your documents and your passport and give the originals back to you. You should then wait till UKBA receives your application so that you are physically present in the UK (usually about 5 days after NCS appointment) and then you are free to travel.

If you apply by post, you have to send ALL the originals and will have to wait for the outcome of your application and for the UKBA to send you documents back to you and yes, this can take up to six months.

I would strongly suggest using NCS.

Hope this helps.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Travelling during Naturalisation application

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:14 pm

click wrote:Hi,

I'll send my application of naturalisation to UKBA in Last week of April 2013. I read on UKBA website that it would take upto 6 months time to get confirmations. However I've planned to travel to my home country in early June 2013. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to travel abroad or not during naturalisation process.

Would you please advice me, am I allowed to travel during naturalisation application process or will I've to wait almost 6 months.

Many Thanks,
Ashaan
Also make sure your post is being looked at regularly.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 am

Hi Click

Good Luck with your application in april 2013.Everything what CR001 mentioned is right.you can use NCS or u can post also.

I want to add up that you can get your all entries in your passport get certified by Solicitor and you can still send by post.

Seniors can correct me if iam wrong

Jaffar

click
Newly Registered

Post by click » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Thanks for the replies.

I think using NCS is a very good idea as I won't send my original documents and once I've posted file to HO then in 3 or 4 weeks of that I will travel.

My wife will stay here as she is not travelling with me so she will keep an eye on posts if Home Office demands any more documents.

But I'm very glad to know atleast I can travel abroad as it is really an urgent trip. I really appreciate all of suggestions. That's a great helping hand.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:15 pm

I've planned to travel to my home country in early June 2013.
In June 2013, how long do you intend to be outside the UK?
John

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm

CR001 wrote:yes, this can take up to six months.
It can take far longer than six months. As the HO pointed out in reply to our MP's enquiry, "There is no maximum time limit".

click
Newly Registered

Post by click » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi John,

I'm going for 3 weeks.

Here's another problem I got caught in. I'm taking Life inthe UK test by Mid march. I heard there's a new version 3 of Life inthe UK test will be landing from 25th march onward.

Just for curiosity which test should I take, the old one or the new. If I'm applying for Naturalisation by last week of April, would they accept the old version of test.

Thanks