ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nigerian applicants under new scheme

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dway
Newly Registered

Nigerian applicants under new scheme

Post by dway » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:08 am

I am a Nigerian planning to apply from Nigeria under the new scheme. I have prepared my application and i need to know if my certificate needs to be verified by NARIC before i apply for HSMP. I want to know if anyone has applied under the new scheme and had gotten approval. The details of what the person did will guide others who want to send new HSMP applications for consideration.

Naija Guy
Newly Registered

Post by Naija Guy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:28 am

Hi,

Is ur degree from a UK university? Just got approved under the new rule and plannin to come to lagos in the next few weeks to apply for EC.

dway
Newly Registered

Post by dway » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:20 pm

My degree was obtained in a Nigerian university. I need to hear from anybody who has been able to get new HSMP approval with a Nigerian university degree.

Naija Guy
Newly Registered

Post by Naija Guy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Best bet is to sit for ILETS and get the required grade then u dont need to worry about gettin NARIC, Check the British Council site in Lagos on how to register for the Test. Besides, how's the Tax system in Lagos, cos thats the most important piece of document Home Office/Caseworker wants to see. If you can provide that, then your chances will be really slim of gettin approved.

Let me know how u get on with all your docs.

midexus
Newly Registered

Post by midexus » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:05 pm

Lagos current uses an annoying e-tax system that displays your tax payments on a website. I am not sure if the print-out of this info. will be tenable to the H.O.

I think we might need some other form of documentation,

Has anyone in the house gotten approval under the new system?

makon

Post by makon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 pm

Regarding the e-tax, this is what you need to do:

(1) Print out the e-tax, attach your e-tax card and explain to them that the government is using e-tax system

(1) Give them your username and password

(2) Provide them with a steb by step instruction on how to access it online by themselves. You make need to provide a graphic instruction by making screen shots

I help a friend did it this way and there was no problem

gd luck

tundefaboye
Newly Registered

Post by tundefaboye » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Like somebody said, Lagos currently uses an e-tax system. In my own case i will not be able to provide tax docs from the Inland Revenue cos it takes 3 yrs for maturity. Our tax consultant said it wont be ready till Dec 2008. I am planning to apply for my HSMP soon, by June/July, 2007.

I want to attach the following docs as proof of earnings,

1. 12 month payslips, stamped and signed on my coy letterheaded paper

2. Bank statements on their letterheaded paper highlighting my credited amount

3. Letter from my employer stating my gross amount and monthly details

4. Letter from our tax consultants stating why my e-tax card is not ready.

All these will be considered under the exceptional case column. Other docs to be attached are proof of degree, notarised copy of my passport data page and drivers licence for age points, cos i am not in possession of any birth certificate.

I will like comments and suggestions on the these docs mentioned above.

Rgds,

Tunde

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Hi guys,

I am a Nigerian currently on HSMP here and I have helped someone get approval under the new rules. I will highlight the documents I submitted for the new HSMP scheme

1 - Cover letter - This should detail indepth all documents attached and points you are claiming under each category

2 - For Qualification, BSc Certificate from Nigeria is accepted WITHOUT NARIC validation. Luckily, the HO rstill recognises that Britain colonized us

3 - For earnings, you can use different ways to prove this, but the one I used was to claim exceptional circumstances for the applicant and supplied original pay slips covering the period in question along with bank statements covering the same period in order to show that the salary was paid into the account, and this was accepted in this case.

4 - For age assessment, an original birth certificate where available, otherwise notarised copy of passport and/or driver's licence

5 - A letter to proof that English is the medium of communication in your school is as important as any of the above documents. Without it, you may just be loosing £315 to HO.

Any other useful document (that is acceptable to HSMP) can be attached. This is not to say I am an authority on HSMP and HO's thinking, but at least I have gone through the system and this are my findings so far. HO may come up with another method tomorrow.....

All the best

tundefaboye
Newly Registered

Post by tundefaboye » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:08 pm

Thanks Jayceesh,

With this i am encouraged to apply cos tax return has been my concern.

Can you please paste the sample cover letter you used for your folks during their application?

This will help some of us in knowing what to write and how to write it.

Great work Jayceesh :D

Rgds.

ladman
Newly Registered

Post by ladman » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:19 am

Hi guys,

I am currently applying for HSMP under the new scheme, I have sent in my docs and was recieved on the 13th of feb ,i have received a reference number.

The docs i sent:

-cover letter stating the point i am claiming for.

-original birth certificate.

-original degree certificate.

-Pay slip on company letter head, stamped and signed.

-Bank statement for duration i am claiming.

-Letter from employer stating my gross income.

-Other salary adjustment letters that fall within the period i am applying for.

-Letter from university stating course was studied in English language.

-e-TCC card with printout of the page , along with credentials to login to the website.( this i submitted as proof for exceptional consideration because the e-TCC card is valid till 2006 for 2005 income, which isnt the period i am claiming for)

I will keep you guys updated on how it goes.

All the best

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:32 pm

Below, find the body of the cover letter I sent along

Dear Sir/Madam,

Cover Letter: XXXXXXXX

This note is to highlight the different documents I have attached to my application for Highly Skilled Migrant Programme. I am claiming a total of 95 points in my application.

Section 1

1 Master in Business Administration (MBA) Provision
Points claimed 0 points
I am not claiming any point in this section.

2 Qualifications
Points claimed 30 points
I am claiming 30 points under this category. I have attached the original of my Bachelor of Science Degree Certificate in XXXX from University of XXX, XXXXX.
I am not requesting any exceptional consideration under this category.

3 Previous earnings from your work
Points claimed 45 points
I am claiming 45 points under this category. I am claiming the points as a salaried earner in the 12 months period of December 2005 to November 2006.
I am requesting exceptional consideration under this category. This is because the tax year in Nigeria is from January to December. As such, I can not produce the tax certificate for the year 2006 as the year has not finished. However, I have attached the tax certificate for year 2005 along with all my payslips for the period am claiming points for and my current bank account statements covering the whole period in question (December 2005 to date).

4 UK Experience
Points claimed 0 point
I am not claiming any point in this section.

5 Age assessment
Points claimed 20 points
I am claiming 20 points under this category. I am claiming the points as I am 25 years old. I have attached my original birth certificate to prove my age.

Section 2

6 English language requirements
Status Condition met
To prove evidence of English language requirements, I have my original degree certificate and an original letter from University of XXXX stating that the course I read over a four year period in the institution was taught in English Language.

Yours sincerely,

ibobo
Newly Registered

I ,m a Nigerian applying also but my case is different

Post by ibobo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:17 am

Hi, I am currently studying a master program in Germany and I need to apply for HSMP. However, before I left Nigeria, I worked in a company for only 14 months and I was not given any payslips . I was only paid in cash on monthly basis . In this case, how do I prove my earnings with the tax? I will appreciate any suggestions before I contact my previous company.

adindas

Re: I ,m a Nigerian applying also but my case is different

Post by adindas » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:34 pm

To answer this question you need to think like this:

Imagine you were the person who assessed HSMP application.
How could you differentiate your case with people who just make up their case ?. Any solution ???

Probaly you will say I get letter from my employers, but remember this letter is extremely easy to get from the street in less then 1 hours, with very small anount of money. Especailly in some particulars countries ...

ibobo wrote:Hi, I am currently studying a master program in Germany and I need to apply for HSMP. However, before I left Nigeria, I worked in a company for only 14 months and I was not given any payslips . I was only paid in cash on monthly basis . In this case, how do I prove my earnings with the tax? I will appreciate any suggestions before I contact my previous company.

T123
Newly Registered

Post by T123 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm

After getting your HSMP Approval letter, What was the EC process like in Nigeria, did you have to go for an interview, if you did what questions are likely to be asked and what extra documents did you take along.