ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Application for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZAB2121
Newly Registered

Joint Application for Naturalisation

Post by ZAB2121 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi all,

I will be complting my 5 year WP + 1 year ILR next month and filling AN form these days. While reading few posts in this great forum I come to know that I can apply BC for my wife too as she is here for 4 years and will also be completing 1 year ILR with me next month. Although I have few questions which I am confused about,

1. I rang council NCS to book an appointment but they are refusing to process the joint application because my wife hasnt completed her 5 years. I tried explaining them about her application is dependent on my application but they are not getting my point. How can I convince NCS, is there a home office website link which clarifies NCS or shall I send the documents directly?

2. In this AN form, there is a section of current travel document. My ILR stamp is on the old passport and I have a new passport so which one will be my current passport?

3. Is there any letter I need to write in order to clarify that my application should be dealt before my wife's application. So that hers will be based on BC spouse.

Kind Regards,

Zubair

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Joint Application for Naturalisation

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm

ZAB2121 wrote:While reading few posts in this great forum I come to know that I can apply BC for my wife too as she is here for 4 years and will also be completing 1 year ILR with me next month.
Which post are you referring to? You probably also read that is an application outside the rules and mights get refused as this was the case of helloimran
1. I rang council NCS to book an appointment but they are refusing to process the joint application because my wife hasnt completed her 5 years. I tried explaining them about her application is dependent on my application but they are not getting my point. How can I convince NCS, is there a home office website link which clarifies NCS or shall I send the documents directly?
You won't find any official link for this as this is not official.
2. In this AN form, there is a section of current travel document. My ILR stamp is on the old passport and I have a new passport so which one will be my current passport?
Your current passport.
3. Is there any letter I need to write in order to clarify that my application should be dealt before my wife's application. So that hers will be based on BC spouse.
Yes. You should ask for your application to be dealt with first. There is no guarantee this will work.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm

ZAB2121 wrote:
This is unlikely to work. Citizenship application is a two stage process. Approval on your application won't grant you a citizenship and your wife won't become a spouse of a BC. You become a citizen only after attending the citizenship ceremony. So are you expecting UKBA to hold your wife's application until you attend the ceremony and submit a confirmation with that effect?

ZAB2121
Newly Registered

Post by ZAB2121 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:16 am

jambo wrote: Which post are you referring to? You probably also read that is an application outside the rules and mights get refused as this was the case of helloimran
No I didnt read this post but I did read other Timeline posts which states Joint Application, Spouse 3yr criteria. Also I confirmed this with solicitor friend who suggested to bypass NCS and apply direct I have emailed furthernationalityenquiries@ukba but no reply and their phone is remained a mystery.

Jambo - so you havent heard/seen anyone getting successful with that sort of application?
ban.s wrote:This is unlikely to work. Citizenship application is a two stage process. Approval on your application won't grant you a citizenship and your wife won't become a spouse of a BC. You become a citizen only after attending the citizenship ceremony. So are you expecting UKBA to hold your wife's application until you attend the ceremony and submit a confirmation with that effect?
This is what the NCS lady told me yesterday that until I recieve my ceremony I wont be declared as British. In an ideal scenerio I would like to attend the ceremony with my wife to save the headache of deplicating everything.

I will apply under sectiion 6(1) of completing my 6 years period and my wife apply under section 6(2) as a spouse to BC so will I save some money as a joint application or would they charge me full amount because of 2 different catagories?

If anyone else has experience with this sort of case, a suggestion will be highly appreciated.

ZAB2121
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by ZAB2121 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am

Can someone kindly answer my above query?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am

ZAB2121 wrote:Jambo - so you havent heard/seen anyone getting successful with that sort of application?
Not in this forum but there are 200,000 application a year so I don't think what you read in the forum is representative.

ZAB2121
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ZAB2121 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 am

Thanks for help dude.

I am going to apply as a joint application anyways even though I am not getting a straight answer from anywhere. I think its just a HO money making machanism that they does dont make certain information official so everyone pays the full amount. For example When I was filling my MN1 form I was told by HO telephone that my kids has to apply for Indefinite before their BC :(

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 am

Would be good to know the outcome of the 'Joint' application.

ZAB2121
Newly Registered

Post by ZAB2121 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:56 pm

I didnt apply joint as I had no translated marriage certificate at the time. But I consulted with couple of solictors at that time and they gurranteed that it would go through if i apply joint.