ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK website (booking test)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doconner

Life in the UK website (booking test)

Post by doconner » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm

I will be applying for ILR at the start of 2014, and will need to pass the Life in the UK test before then.

Seeing that the test is about to change, I'd like to take the current test in the coming weeks, as that is what I have been studying for.

I registered on the website over the weekend to be able to book the test ( http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk ), however I am not able to log into the website.

I know the website says that the soonest you can take the test is 7 days from the day you register, but does that mean I'm not able to log into the site for 7 days either?

When I attempt to log in with the details I registered with over the weekend, I get an error message:

"I have attempted to reset my password".

When I attempt to go through the 'Forgotten my password" link to rest my password, I get the message:

"Sorry, but we do not have the email address you have entered in our records. Before we can reset your password we need you to enter an email address we recognise."

Does anyone have any recent experience with registering and logging onto the website? Do I really need to wait 7 days before I can even log in?

Thanks,
D

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 pm

contact the support and did you received the confirmation email. tell them the reference number
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 am

Not sure about this - but wouldnt the simplest and qickest thing to do be to register with another email address and book your test?