ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP holder ILR success at Sheffield PEO on 9th Jan 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satmvv

WP holder ILR success at Sheffield PEO on 9th Jan 2013

Post by satmvv » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi all,
First off, thanks to everyone who cared to help me with all my doubts and concerns in the run up to ILR application.

Here's my comprehensive experience :
Application based on 5 years of work permit (4 yrs 11 months to be precise), same company throughout the period, included 1 dependant (wife).

Documents submitted:
1. Passports [old & new, for both of us]
2. Letter from employer confirming my employment, SOC code, salary, absences (including periods of paid annual leave)
3. Life in the UK pass certificates [both]
4. Payslips and bank statements for last 12 months. Bank statements for two accounts (one of them where my salary is credited is a joint account, so the documents also served towards cohab proof)
5. Bank statements for the periods of absence related to paid annual leave. I had 5 periods of personal related absences and 2 periods work related, totalling to 140 days.
4. P60 forms for the last 5 years
5. My degree certificate from UK university [was student for 3 yrs, 4 months before WP stamping]- included this in support of personal history -section 7, especially questions 7.11 and 7.12
6. My original work permit and employment contract
7. Cohab proof:
- Marriage certificate
-Council tax letters last 5 yrs
-Bank statements for joint account, 3 statements Aug-sep 2009, Aug - sep 2010, Aug-sep 2011.
-NHS cards , NHS letters addressed to my wife from 2009 to 2012 [didn't have any letters for 2010 though], GP reference letter [paid 30 pounds and got a letter written by my surgery that we both have been registered since 2009]
- Landlord reference letter [ My tenancy agreement is on my name only, so had to request landlord to confirm that my wife joined me after an year and we've have been living together since] , tenancy agreement (my name only), deposit protection scheme letter (my name only)
- DVLA theory test pass certificates and counterpart license documents for both, Government gateway letter addressed to my wife only
- My wife's NI number letter, her payslips and bankstatements (since october 2012, she only recently took part time employment)

Finally, photocopies of all the originals.
Our appointment was scheduled for 10 am but we got there bit early 9.15 am, after the airport style security were asked to head to the reception counter no-7. The lady was quite welcoming, as a matter of fact all the staff were warm and welcoming, helped my nerves. We were given a token number (which stayed with us for the rest of the afternoon) and were asked to wait in the waiting area. Around 9.30 our number was called out, a lady took the application form and passports..had a quick check, made few notes, then asked for photographs and supporting documents [make sure you include photocopies as well as she does not check] and packed them all into a file , gave it back to me and asked to make the payment , which is just a counter apart. My wife was just a mute spectator still sitting in the waiting area whilst I dealt with this. The lady at the payment desk took the payment (from VISA debit card) as well as file containing the documents. Finished by 9.45am. Around 11 am our token number called out again, asking to report at counter 9 - Biometrics. Finished in 10 minutes. Around 12.pm token number called out again, a case worker introduced her self and told us that she would take an hour or so and gave us the optioon of either waiting there or wander around outside whilst she went through the processing. We chose the latter. Back by 12.45pm, token called out at 1pm, case worker confirmed ILR approved, biometric cards within a week, and returned all the originals, retained most of the photocopies .

What did I answer for section 7.11?
How long have you lived in the UK? 8 yrs and 3 months (student period + WP). And, I had no periods of absence over 6 months
section 7.12 What ties.....
India (birth) : Family ties (parents,sister, inlaws)
UK: Social cultural and professional (ties with friends and their families developed over the period of work and study), ties with teachers in University, Alumni association and research community.

All the best to those about to Apply.

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....

shal1981

Re: WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by shal1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 pm

MARCH wrote:Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Regards,.....
P60 for 4 years is ok. Work permit approval letter is very good to have but not very bad to not have. You should keep all documents you have with you to give them if required. Start with minimum and extend where required

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 pm

MARCH wrote:Hi,

Regards,.....
Get a copy of WP approval letter from your Employer. If you can't ,you should remember WP No. ,Date issued for CW to check from their system.