ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony invitation from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tra2003

Citizenship ceremony invitation from HO

Post by Tra2003 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 am

Does anyone know how long it takes HO to send out the invitation letter for the citizenship ceremony after your application has been approved as they do advice not to contact your local council until you have received it. Thanks.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship ceremony invitation from HO

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 am

Tra2003 wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes HO to send out the invitation letter for the citizenship ceremony after your application has been approved as they do advice not to contact your local council until you have received it. Thanks.
I think the approval letter should say that you will receive the invitation letter within two weeks from the date of approval.

Tra2003

Post by Tra2003 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am

vinitmanu wrote:
Tra2003 wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes HO to send out the invitation letter for the citizenship ceremony after your application has been approved as they do advice not to contact your local council until you have received it. Thanks.
I think the approval letter should say that you will receive the invitation letter within two weeks from the date of approval.

Yes it does say that and it also says if you don't here in 2 weeks that you should contact them. I was just wondering from members here who have gotten their's how long it took them to get theirs; just out of curiosity :)

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Tra2003 wrote:
vinitmanu wrote:

Yes it does say that and it also says if you don't here in 2 weeks that you should contact them. I was just wondering from members here who have gotten their's how long it took them to get theirs; just out of curiosity :)
My wife received couple of days short of two weeks.

Tra2003

Post by Tra2003 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:12 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Tra2003 wrote:
vinitmanu wrote:

My wife received couple of days short of two weeks.

Thanks vinitmanu.

TanyaUK
Newly Registered

Post by TanyaUK » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 am

The Council received the letter from the HO before I did and I got both letters coming through the post at the same time.
One is from the HO and another one from Council.

Tra2003

Post by Tra2003 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 am

TanyaUK wrote:The Council received the letter from the HO before I did and I got both letters coming through the post at the same time.
Thanks TanyaUK. So does the local council send you an invitation letter when they receive your Certificate from the HO. I am kind of assuming that is how it works, correct me please i'm wrong. Also can you contact your local council after 2 weeks of not hearing from both the HO or council?
Thanks

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:06 am

Tra2003 wrote:
TanyaUK wrote:The Council received the letter from the HO before I did and I got both letters coming through the post at the same time.
Thanks TanyaUK. So does the local council send you an invitation letter when they receive your Certificate from the HO. I am kind of assuming that is how it works, correct me please i'm wrong. Also can you contact your local council after 2 weeks of not hearing from both the HO or council?
Thanks
As far a I understand both letters (approval + invitation) come from UKBA. With regards to invitation letter, UKBA sends your certificate to your local council and at the same time sends you your invitation letter. I think they advice you to contact UKBA and not council if you don't receive your letter within two weeks of approval.

Tra2003

Post by Tra2003 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:25 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Tra2003 wrote:
Thanks
As far a I understand both letters (approval + invitation) come from UKBA. With regards to invitation letter, UKBA sends your certificate to your local council and at the same time sends you your invitation letter. I think they advice you to contact UKBA and not council if you don't receive your letter within two weeks of approval.

Just got my ceremony invitation from the HO, called my local council and they say they don't have my certificate. Is that normal?

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Tra2003 wrote:Just got my ceremony invitation from the HO, called my local council and they say they don't have my certificate. Is that normal?
Did the Council ask to call back again tomorrow?
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Tra2003

Post by Tra2003 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Tra2003 wrote:Just got my ceremony invitation from the HO, called my local council and they say they don't have my certificate. Is that normal?

Yes Vinitmanu they did, so will be calling them. I was in the opinion that they get the certificate before i get my invite from the HO, but i guess that's not the case. Anyway will be calling them tmr. It might be possible the recent weather conditions might have had an effect on the postal service (maybe).

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Tra2003 wrote:
vinitmanu wrote:

Yes Vinitmanu they did, so will be calling them. I was in the opinion that they get the certificate before i get my invite from the HO, but i guess that's not the case. Anyway will be calling them tmr. It might be possible the recent weather conditions might have had an effect on the postal service (maybe).
They might have received the certificates already, it's just that the Council normally book you in only once they have inserted your certificate details onto their system. Even, I was asked to call the next day as although they had my certificate, they hadn't inserted my details until the following day.

Tra2003

Post by Tra2003 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:25 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Tra2003 wrote:
vinitmanu wrote:

They might have received the certificates already, it's just that the Council normally book you in only once they have inserted your certificate details onto their system. Even, I was asked to call the next day as although they had my certificate, they hadn't inserted my details until the following day.

Ok, thanks. Will call them tmr, fingers crossed :-)

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Good Luck and keep us updated.