ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Successful @ Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BCPS
Newly Registered

ILR Successful @ Solihull

Post by BCPS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Guys

First of all I thank each and every one in this forum for providing useful and valuable information and also sharing thier experiences about the UK immigartion in various visa categories. I have been going through this forum for almost 6 months now and it has been such a pleasure that I gathered so many valuable informations that I cannot even get it from a professional solicitor. My case is WP + Tier 1 category and it was not very straight forward in the sense that there was a gap of 246 days out of country in the last 5 years. The major concern is I was staying in India for 87 continous days in 2009 when there was a gap in my employment. Only good thing I did, I was aware about this 90 days rule and returned back to UK before that 90 day period. Other than that all my leaves are paid annual holidays. I consulted couple of solicitors regrading my case and they were not 100% confident and they said the case could go either way and suggested couple of ideas which I thought would bring in unnecessary complication into my case which is already complicated. I even mailed UKBA asking for clarification, I got a very negative reply saying I am not eligible and I should wait. Under this circumstances and the confidence I gained from this forum I went ahead and applied my ILR.

Now coming to my experience at the Solihull PEO. I booked the appoinment exactly 42 days before and I got it on Oct 26th 1:30 in the afternoon. I went to PEO at around 1 PM, security checks were done, officer at the reception asked me for the application just to cross check I have the right application. After that I was given a token, there were around 4 to 5 guys waiting before me. It took just around half an hour before my token was called. The case worker was really friendly he asked me for the passport and the BRP along with the application form. Then he asked the question I was waiting for, "How many days I was out of the country" I told 246 days, then he gave me the sheet where we fill our days out and asked me to write the same(number of days I was out in total and sign it). He took the sheet and told me he will be back in a minute. when he came back To my surprise he told my application is approved, the moment I can never forget. He didnt ask me for any extra documentation, just took my 12 payslips, bank statement and corresponding copies. No letter from employer, No P60's were asked although I had all of them with me. Finally he told me to make the payment and job done. Waited for another couple of hours and got my approval letter at 3:30 PM. It was very pleasant experience at the PEO, staffs are very friendly

I would be really happy to answer if any of you guys have any questions.

[Moderator edit]

Thanks in Advance
BC

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi,

I am a work permit holder and will be applying ILR shortly.
Did they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....