ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding bank statements originality

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fslateef

Question regarding bank statements originality

Post by fslateef » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi,

I need clarification about my bank statements from Lloyds TSB current account:

I have setup my account as paper-less statements so I don't receive statements automatically. Now I requested bank to send me statements and I received them in post (multiple posts).

Now the my question is: Are these statements I received by Lloyds TSB in post are official statements and acceptable by UKBA OR I have to go to branch and ask them to verify ?

The problem is: Lloyds TSB is not doing any stamping on statements now and the telephone help-line (from where I ordered statment) told me that these are official statement and will be accepted by UKBA as it is.

Can someone confirm this ?

Thanks

pakstar

Re: Question regarding bank statements originality

Post by pakstar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 pm

fslateef wrote:Hi,

I need clarification about my bank statements from Lloyds TSB current account:

I have setup my account as paper-less statements so I don't receive statements automatically. Now I requested bank to send me statements and I received them in post (multiple posts).

Now the my question is: Are these statements I received by Lloyds TSB in post are official statements and acceptable by UKBA OR I have to go to branch and ask them to verify ?

The problem is: Lloyds TSB is not doing any stamping on statements now and the telephone help-line (from where I ordered statment) told me that these are official statement and will be accepted by UKBA as it is.

Can someone confirm this ?

Thanks
Yes postal statements are original statements, as long as they are original (not copies) with logo of the bank, your name and address, account number and sort code and covering the required period and funds

You only need bank statement stamped and signed if that is printed by yourself. Otherwise You can walk into bank and request your statement on official paper of bank and that is also accepted.

Good Luck

fslateef

Re: Question regarding bank statements originality

Post by fslateef » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:12 pm

pakstar wrote:
Yes postal statements are original statements, as long as they are original (not copies) with logo of the bank, your name and address, account number and sort code and covering the required period and funds

You only need bank statement stamped and signed if that is printed by yourself. Otherwise You can walk into bank and request your statement on official paper of bank and that is also accepted.

Good Luck
Thanks for quick reply. What do you mean by original and not copies ? I am not doing any photocopy of these but the statement directly from bank has covering letters mentioning that attached copies of my bank statement (wordings something sort of this meaning); although each part of statement has:

-- A covering letter mentioning funds in/out during that period with my name, address and account info written on it with bank logo

-- And other statement pages showing transactions which has bank logo, account info but _no_ name or no address.

Is that ok ?

Thanks