ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blobfish
Newly Registered

Post by blobfish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Just to update with your guys that after require urgent treatment, my company has got the additional cos! We requested additional allocation on Oct. 8th and requested the urgent treatment on 26th of October. Hope this gives you guys some hope!

lis
Newly Registered

Post by lis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:01 pm

how long does it take for the sponsor to issue the COS for tier 2 General after they get the allocation from UKBA?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 pm

lis wrote:how long does it take for the sponsor to issue the COS for tier 2 General after they get the allocation from UKBA?
½ hour, including a cup of coffee, provided all the information needed is to hand.

lis
Newly Registered

Post by lis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks very much Manci :)

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi,

I just saw the updated UKBA list and my employer is in there. Could anyone please tell me what else needs to be done before a fresh application for
Tier 2(General) be made?

Regards,
S

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:36 pm

sussexguy wrote:Hi,

I just saw the updated UKBA list and my employer is in there. Could anyone please tell me what else needs to be done before a fresh application for Tier 2(General) be made?
a CoS needs to be assigned
Regards,
S

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:48 pm

manci wrote:

I just saw the updated UKBA list and my employer is in there. Could anyone please tell me what else needs to be done before a fresh application for Tier 2(General) be made?
Regards,
S
Thanks, How long does that take?-its not as bad as getting the licence. is it?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 pm

sussexguy wrote:
manci wrote:

Regards,
S
Thanks, How long does that take?-its not as bad as getting the licence. is it?If they have an allocation available about ½ hour. If they have to apply for an increase in their allocation a few months (search the forum for timelines)

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 am

manci wrote:
sussexguy wrote:
manci wrote:

Regards,
S
Thanks, How long does that take?-its not as bad as getting the licence. is it?If they have an allocation available about ½ hour. If they have to apply for an increase in their allocation a few months (search the forum for timelines)
Thanks manci, It is a first time licence approval for the employer. I thought you get the initial allocation along with the licence. Please correct me if it is otherwise.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:13 pm

sussexguy wrote:
manci wrote:
sussexguy wrote:
manci wrote:
Thanks manci, It is a first time licence approval for the employer. I thought you get the initial allocation along with the licence. recent posts suggest that not as a matter of course if they haven't asked for one when applying for the licence. Have they asked for one? Have they got no allocation? Please correct me if it is otherwise.

sha23

cos received

Post by sha23 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:15 am

Hi all,

after a long wait of 17 weeks, i received my cos from my employer in assigned state.

Now i need to follow the next step of applying for my visa. My entire year got spent in uk immigration :( first my sponsor applied for license for tier-2 ict in Feb end.

Received License in Mid June. My hr was on leave till july week-1, so got cos with wrong salary mentioned on July9th. My employer cancelled it hence and applied for increase in allocation on july27th now i got my cos assigned.

there is light at the end of the tunnel finally for me..

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm

EDIT - Ignore me. HR figured it out :)

Hiya, we got a letter stating that we have 1 unrestricted COS. How do we find this on the SMS to assign it?

currently tried creating a new one under the "worker" section, yet unable to click the "assign" button :-S

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 am

manci wrote:
sussexguy wrote:
manci wrote:
sussexguy wrote:
Thanks manci, It is a first time licence approval for the employer. I thought you get the initial allocation along with the licence. recent posts suggest that not as a matter of course if they haven't asked for one when applying for the licence. Have they asked for one? Have they got no allocation? Please correct me if it is otherwise.
Hi Manci,

They had requested 5 licences but apparently they haven't received the allocation. I think they have been given access to licence online. How long does this take? Can I make a Tier 2(General) application based on what we have currently got? I think they have successfully advertised the job for RLMT.

Regards, S

UKBA-VICTIM
India

No COS

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi All,

We got the approval for Company Tier 2 license but no Unrestricted COS been allocated.. My visa is expiring in a week.. we requested for COS last monday requesting urgent treatment..What are the current time frames for COS allocations ?

Thanks,
Azeem

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: No COS

Post by hashmil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:Hi All,

We got the approval for Company Tier 2 license but no Unrestricted COS been allocated.. My visa is expiring in a week.. we requested for COS last monday requesting urgent treatment..What are the current time frames for COS allocations ?

Thanks,
Azeem
when you made the application for the registration if you made the request for unrestricted COS you should've got it along with it. If not around 1 to 3 month wait.

ktmcwhirter
Newly Registered

Post by ktmcwhirter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:58 am

Hi All,
My employer just received their sponsorship license last week. Having requested 3 unrestricted CoS, we were only allocated 1. This morning we have put in a request for an additional 2 as we currently have three people in total working at the organisation who require visas. Can anyone tell me the latest waiting period for additional CoS numbers?

Thanks!

ImI.sh
Newly Registered

Problem with COS

Post by ImI.sh » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:56 am

Hi,
My company got tier2 sponsorship after a long wait of 18 weeks and 1 unrestricted COS was allocated.
My HR manager didn't informed me and allocated that COS to me on 10th of December.

Unfortunately I was not ready with my Bank statement yet.

I put the required money on 18th of December into my account so i can have the 90 day requirement fulfilled.

But i am still confused to what my HR manager said.

1. She has applied for the allocation on the Management system and according to her it will take few days to be allocated. Although, my understanding is that as soon as you allocate a COS to an employee you get the COS number in mere half an hour and the clock starts ticking for the 3 month time limit you have to apply for the visa.

2. In case if she is true than i am safe otherwise the COS will expire before my bank statement is ready.

3 we have not received any COS number yet i.e. dated 21st December

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks,

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

My Sponsor got his license in just 3 weeks but with not cos allocation..so they applied it now..but dont know ..how will it take to get unrestricted cos....

hope they speed up now in clearing their backlog..

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 pm

puns_puns wrote:My Sponsor got his license in just 3 weeks but with not cos allocation..so they applied it now..but dont know ..how will it take to get unrestricted cos....

hope they speed up now in clearing their backlog..
did they say how many unrestricted CoSs they needed when they registered? if so they would automatically get them, they just need to assign it to you now (and pay for it as well). They can do this on the online system (the SMS - Sponsor Management System)

also, when we did ours we couldn't proceed to the payment page. Turns out we had the "Bonuses" section under the salary for £0.00. You need to have some value here. so we ended up putting £1.00. and under the description put "None".

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm

yes at the time of applying license we ask for 1 cos. but when we got license approval it says they have not allocated U-COS as it was not clarified that was it restricted or unrestricted.so we have sent a request for it through SMS..but dont know how long will it take to get 1 UNRESTRICTED COS..

What is the waiting times now a days...?for unrestricted cos

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 pm

we have received it today ..in two weeks of time
Last edited by puns_puns on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 pm

we have received it today ..in two weeks of time

lis
Newly Registered

Salary check

Post by lis » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi All,

Need advice.

My employer has issued my COS today. My salary is 20k and meets the SOC salary requirement as well but in the COS the HR has put it as 1666.66 per month. This amount multiplied by 12 gives 19999.92.

Please advise if this will be an issue? This is a tier 4 to tier 2 switching.

Many Thanks in advance.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi All,

We got the licence back in December 2012 and today I went to the HR to check that we have an UCOS and on the SMS it says that we do not have one. We applied an unrestricted COS today. My visa expires on 16th of MArch 2013 :( Will this come on time?

Thanks

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 am

Dont worry..it take around two weeks to three weeks to allocate un-cos..