ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence - WRS employment dates don't match

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tomciti
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence - WRS employment dates don't match

Post by tomciti » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:06 am

Hi

I have started working in UK in June 2008. I come from one of the countries taht were requeried to register under WRS rules. I plan to apply for Permenent Residence in August 2013, but I might have some problems with that application.

1) I started my first job in June 2008, applied for first WRS certificate July and it was issued in August 2008 (date of issue)
2) I switched jobs in November, applied for new WRS certificate few weeks (2-3) after, and it was issued in January 2009(date of issue)
3) Switched jobs in July 2009, and applied to EEA1 (Residence Permit) which was a mistake as I should have applied for WRS 12 months continues employment or register my new job under WRS - not sure. I received a letter from HO saying I should cancel my application. The reason was: new job never registered, previous job no2 registered late in Jan 2009 and it should have been Nov 2009
4) I registered my new and current job few weeks after and new WRS cert was issued in November 2009 (date of issue)
5) In November 2010 I applied for WRS 12 months continues employment and in January 2011 Residence Permit was issued

The question is - Am I eligible to apply for Permenent Residence in August 2013 , becasue I first registered under WRS in July/August 2008 ? Or I have to do that in November 2014, because starting point for 4 years was after I completed full year of employment and got Resident Permit.

Thank you

Tom

ravii

Post by ravii » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 am

Nothing to loose,you can apply with a covering letter.
Best regards

tomciti
Newly Registered

Post by tomciti » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 am

Thanks for reply.

Has anyone tried to apply for Residence Permit with similar WRS dates of employment/certicifates problems?

Was the application successful?

If I decide to apply for PR in August 2013 what should I put in covering letter?Any suggestions to make application successful?

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Tom

dukkumeah
Newly Registered

Post by dukkumeah » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 pm

One of my friends was registered with her first job for WRS

Since her first job,she changed 4 jobs and never registrerd for those.

Last year she applied for PR and was granted in very short time.

Hope this will help you...

tomciti
Newly Registered

Post by tomciti » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Thank you. Good news.