ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation. Please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Accomodation. Please help

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi,

My wife will be applying for spousal visa in first week of Jan 13. However I have a problem with accomodation.

.. Problem is that if i get tenancy agreement from the landlord wouldnt start until the tenancy until the last week of Jan 13.

Is it fine to submit this as evidence of accomodation? Ofcourse I will have moved in the property when the tenancy starts. Its a one bed apartment just for both of us. Tenancy will be under my name.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Yes.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:25 pm

What if the ECO states that at the time of application the sponsor (me) did not have a suitable accomodation?

ID29

Post by ID29 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Provided you can submit a tenancy agreement demonstrating that you will have suitable accommodation for your wife's 'arrival' then this will be okay.

I supplied a letter from a landlord stating that he was willing to rent a property to me when we applied for a fiancée/partner visa. As it turned out, when my partner actually arrived, I'd rented somewhere different (better).

qaws_14

Post by qaws_14 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:23 pm

How do you think to prove that someone has n bedroom property.

The possible answer could be tenancy agreement, and someone says council tax, but what if the rent is all inclusive.

Is the council tax letter compulsory as people like me pay inclusive rent of the flat.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:50 pm

qaws_14 wrote:How do you think to prove that someone has n bedroom property.

The possible answer could be tenancy agreement, and someone says council tax, but what if the rent is all inclusive.

Is the council tax letter compulsory as people like me pay inclusive rent of the flat.
Its not compulsory but the UKBA would normally expect you to submit a council tax bill purely because its such an easy document for them to verify. Instead, explain in your covering letter that your rent includes council tax. If you can show a tenancy agreement that backs this up all the better, if not then get a letter from your landlord showing how the rent/tax is worked out.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:25 am

You need to show that the property is suitable and secured. How much rent and council tax you pay is completely irrelevant.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You need to show that the property is suitable and secured. How much rent and council tax you pay is completely irrelevant.
So are you saying that if the tenancy agreement starts in a months time, its not acceptable? (as may be its not secured by mean of habitation?)

ps. i am referring to original post above.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:30 pm

That comment (you have cited) was with regard to the comment immediately above mine. I think you are perfectly fine to show secure and suitable accommodation from the time you arrive in the UK rather than from the date of the actual visa application. You could even present evidence that you were prepared to stay in a hotel while waiting for secure and suitable to become available within a clearly defined period.

dazy788
BANNED

Post by dazy788 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:24 am

Koh samui hotels provides perfect accommodation for you on average package.

SPAM LINK REMOVED