ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under 10 year stay but no valid passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jpk
Newly Registered

ILR under 10 year stay but no valid passport

Post by jpk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:22 am

Hi everybody,
This is my first post at this forum, hope to find some tips before my application for ILR.
I actually have been in the country much longer than 10 years but the 'continuous stay' is only being completed this year. My biggest concern is that my passport is expired and my home country is being very difficult extending the passport. I have a full time job with two degrees from UK universities, engaged to an EEA citizen (my current immigration status is a 'EEA Family Member').
I have read the 'long residence and personal life' guidance for case workers and it says 'genuine passport or travel document'. I am worried that if the passport is not valid it can't be counted as 'genuine'. Has anybody experienced this problem?
Any help would be much appreciated.