ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bpereira
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon

Post by bpereira » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 am

Hi, since this forum has provided me with some very valuable information, I wanted to share my experience.

I booked my PEO appointment exactly 42 days prior to the date I wanted the appointment.
(Logged at 12:00am GMT and got an appointment in next 60 mins. 1st 30 mins is a challenge as it takes several attempts to login).
I had previously booked an appointment for Liverpool, so my details were saved and I could easily reschedule my appointment.
I would suggest to login and book whichever time and location you get on 1st attempt, so your details are saved and you can later reschedule for your choice of place and time.

My immigration status was Work permit dependent+HSMP+Tier1. For ILR considered only HSMP+Tier1

Documents submitted –
SET(O) form
Passports
LIUK pass certificate
12 months Bank Statements
12 months payslips
5 years P60
Employment verification letter
Photocopies of above documents

I had not been out of the country for more than 6 months in past 5 years or 3 months in any given year. I did not provide any evidence for UK absences.

On day of appointment –
After the security check, completed the payment on 1st floor, was called by the case worker in next 20 mins, who took approx. 15mins to check my papers.
Was then immediately called for biometric which took 5 mins
15mins later was called by caseworker again and was told it would take 1 ½ hour for the decision, so I could either wait in the premises or come back in 90 mins. Went out and returned in an hour.
My token was called out in approx. 15mins. Passport and original documentation was returned with Approval letter.
It took approx. 2 hours for the entire process.

2 days later I received the biometric card!
Last edited by bpereira on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success at Croydon

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 am

bpereira wrote:Hi, since this forum has provided me with some very valuable information, I wanted to share my experience.

I booked my PEO appointment exactly 42 days prior to the date I wanted the appointment.
(Logged at 12:00am GMT and got an appointment in next 60 mins. 1st 30 mins is a challenge as it takes several attempts to login).
I had previously booked an appointment for Liverpool, so my details were saved and I could easily reschedule my appointment.
I would suggest to login and book whichever time and location you get on 1st attempt, so your details are saved and you can later reschedule for your choice of place and time.

My immigration status was Work permit dependent+HSMP+Tier1. For ILR considered only HSMP+Tier1

Documents submitted –
SET(O) form
Passports
LIUK pass certificate
12 months Bank Statements
12 months payslips
5 years P60
Employment verification letter
Photocopies of above documents

I had not been out of the country for more than 6 months in past 5 years or 3 months in any given year. I did not provide any evidence for UK absences.

On day of appointment –
After the security check, completed the payment on 1st floor, was called by the case worker in next 20 mins, who took approx. 15mins to check my papers.
Was then immediately called for biometric which took 5 mins
15mins later was called by caseworker again and was told it would take 1 ½ hour for the decision, so I could either wait in the premises or come back in 90 mins. Went out and returned in an hour.
My token was called out in approx. 15mins. Passport and original documentation was returned with Approval letter.
I took approx. 2 hours for the entire process.

2 days later I received the biometric card!

Congrats and Welcome to ILR Club ! Did you sumbit the documents listed or CW asked for them?
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

bpereira
Newly Registered

Post by bpereira » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 am

I had submitted all the documents listed

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am

Congrat's bpereira! Which PEO was it that you went to? 2 hours for the entire process, is quite impressive.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am

cs95tdg wrote:Congrat's bpereira! Which PEO was it that you went to? 2 hours for the entire process, is quite impressive.

Crydon as per his Topic Title
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks, true. I appear to have missed that rather obvious bit when reading through the post :)

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....

bpereira
Newly Registered

Post by bpereira » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi, I had not submitted work permit approval letter, neither did they ask for it. However please note that my immigration status was work permit DEPENDENT + HSMP + Tier1
For ILR, i had only considered HSMP(3 yrs)+ Tier 1 (2 yrs).

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am

Thank you for reply....