ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i get a PEO appointment after my visa expiry date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NROW
United Kingdom

Can i get a PEO appointment after my visa expiry date

Post by NROW » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 pm

can i apply for tier 1 extension after my visa has expired

pakstar

Re: Can i get a PEO appointment after my visa expiry date

Post by pakstar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm

NROW wrote:can i apply for tier 1 extension after my visa has expired
Unless you have really solid and legal reason for that.

you do not have permission to stay beyound the leave to remain granted, why would you apply after the expiry why not before the expiry?

NROW
United Kingdom

Post by NROW » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

pakstar wrote:
my situation is that i am maintaining maintenance funds from 16th of jan 2013. my visa expiry date is 24th of april 2013.

i will meet the maintenance requirement only by 16th of April 2013 and then i need to get a premium appointment. knowing that getting slots for appointment within the 5 days window will be tough i wanted to check if i can get an appointment after my visa expiry date if thats the situation.

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:46 pm

NROW wrote:
pakstar wrote:
my situation is that i am maintaining maintenance funds from 16th of jan 2013. my visa expiry date is 24th of april 2013.

i will meet the maintenance requirement only by 16th of April 2013 and then i need to get a premium appointment. knowing that getting slots for appointment within the 5 days window will be tough i wanted to check if i can get an appointment after my visa expiry date if that the situation.

if you are sure that you will meet the maintenance requirement by 16th and your visa is expiring on 24th.

then start searching your appointment from 10 march. and you will the see slots for April. so book one according to your time.

also you can book lawyer to get a confirm appointment before 22 april..

hope this helps....
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

pakstar

Post by pakstar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:49 pm

NROW wrote:
pakstar wrote:

i will meet the maintenance requirement only by 16th of April 2013 and then i need to get a premium appointment. knowing that getting slots for appointment within the 5 days window will be tough i wanted to check if i can get an appointment after my visa expiry date if thats the situation.
You can book your appointment easily a month before your visa expires easily, if you find it hard, just google PEO appointment service and seek helpf or some soilicitor, they will help you securing the appoitment. Nothing to worry about , everything is good.

Don't forget that you will need bank statement from your local branch , if you are producing online statement, it must be signed and stamped by your bank.. Banks also offer maintenance letter , which states that you had required amount for last consecutive 90 days.

Good luck.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:53 am

My question is slightly similar to this - I have applied for my daughter's dependant visa via post and don't expect to get a decision before her visa expiry. If for any reason, the application gets rejected, can I apply for her again via PEO keeping in mind that her current visa would have already expired?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:57 am

hsmp1412 wrote:My question is slightly similar to this - I have applied for my daughter's dependant visa via post and don't expect to get a decision before her visa expiry. If for any reason, the application gets rejected, can I apply for her again via PEO keeping in mind that her current visa would have already expired?
Pls start a separate topic for this as this not a similar question
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:12 pm

[quote="kiranchinnu"][quote="hsmp1412"]My question is slightly similar to this - I have applied for my daughter's dependant visa via post and don't expect to get a decision before her visa expiry. If for any reason, the application gets rejected, can I apply for her again via PEO keeping in mind that her current visa would have already expired?[/quote]

[color=red]Pls start a separate topic for this as this not a similar question[/color][/quote]

My question simply is - can one apply via peo for visa extension if his/her current visa has already expired? That is the exact question that the OP started with and nobody answered it.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:
kiranchinnu wrote:
hsmp1412 wrote:My question is slightly similar to this - I have applied for my daughter's dependant visa via post and don't expect to get a decision before her visa expiry. If for any reason, the application gets rejected, can I apply for her again via PEO keeping in mind that her current visa would have already expired?
Pls start a separate topic for this as this not a similar question
My question simply is - can one apply via peo for visa extension if his/her current visa has already expired? That is the exact question that the OP started with and nobody answered it.
No, ur Question is : I have applied for my daughter's dependant visa via post and don't expect to get a decision before her visa expiry. If for any reason, the application gets rejected, can I apply for her again via PEO keeping in mind that her current visa would have already expired?
OP was asking abt main applicatant extn query and your's is dependant query , So I didnt see any similarities in that.
And answer to ur if it is same as OP's question, You need to apply for extn within 28 days from the time of visa expiry.Yes u can go to PE0

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 am

Funny how it's different questions with the same answer! :D
Thanks for your help.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 am

hsmp1412 wrote:Funny how it's different questions with the same answer! :D
Thanks for your help.
Not funny as ur asking question for a dependant who's visa might get rejected after expiry of visa then u will be given option for appeal rather than re apply. If the visa expiry date is under 28 days from the time you get documents then you can apply Via PEO, once 28 days pass then option is appeal. I hope now u can understand that this is different question from OP.