ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker 2013

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 am

eternitate1903 wrote:Thanks a lot for all these calculations and informations IntegratedMigrant. But I guess you might have missed a point:

you said: "I then estimated from March 2011 when the minister came into office until Dec 2011 to be an additional 8,400 applications", but number of applications in 2011 was 18500 (for 12 months). If you divide it by 12 and multiply by 9 to get the number of applications received since March 11, it will give us 14000:

It'll be 14000(2011) + 19900(2012) + 1700(2013) + 22000(backlog)=57600
57600 - 43000=14600 (still not bad i guess)

thanks
Great you have the right number. Thats why I mentioned its 93% since I estimated 2011 application numbers. Again 14,600 is not bad at all given the fact that the minister has made a decision in nearly 6,000 applications this year alone.

Its a huge hope for those that are still waiting as they have many chances of having their application decided soon enough.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Hello Guys

Today send an email and receive reply that my application is at advace stage and will be informed as soon as minister had a decision.

Can anyone explain it more clearly what this means.

rezaghahremani
Newly Registered

Post by rezaghahremani » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Eastend wrote:Hello Guys

Today send an email and receive reply that my application is at advace stage and will be informed as soon as minister had a decision.

It means you will get your answer soon.

IIE12
Newly Registered

Post by IIE12 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi Eastend. I have sent email today and got same response - is anyone know about time frame ? To me I 've applied in March 2012 , already got LTR and on the basis 5 years working visa :

Dear xxxxxxx,

Your application is at an advanced stage of processing & you will be
informed of the Ministers decision in due course

Regards
xxxxxxxxxxx
Citizenship Section

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi all,

I just got the following reply from citizenship in an email. Can you please advise what does this mean.

Your application is currently being processed & will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible. It is not possible to give an exact timeframe

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:36 pm

hi itegratedmigrant i can challenge you that i have criminal record , i never stop working and i am never did anything wrong in this country or anywhere in the world and i am well traveled i pay high taxes full mortgage and support my family i never get any help from the state , so don't presume that i have criminal record the system is very unfair my local td being told that any applicant from Muslim or Arab country the take longer for one reason because you think that we all have criminal record or you can think about another think so you are very wrong in your last comment you need to rethink about your knowledge of the INIS system in Ireland its remind me of my home unfair discrimented
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
dania wrote:
irishtobe wrote:i applied in 2008 , still waiting , anyone in the same
hi integrated migrant do u have any answer for this person and very large number of people like him who r waiting since years,I will say again that I don't want to argue with u because u r taking their side , I will believe only when I will see these people getting their applications processed in time,as this is not fair that large number of people r waiting since years and some people who applied recently got their decisions,this is discrimination :(
Im not taking anybody's side and thats part of who I am!. You said that INIS discriminate when you are discriminating against them and Irish people.

First thing you would wanna ask yourself is why is Irishtobe that applied in 2008 still waiting while people that applied in 2012 have gotten their citizenship? Well its not a rocket science.

Irishtobe in his case has a complex case. There is a reason why his application has not been decided. Its either that he somehow has criminal record/background or something that INIS are investigating about and im sure Irishtobe will tell you that. Most people simply have issues with their application, birth certificate, some errors or discrepancies in their application etc.

There is just something about his application that stands out from the rest!

Decisions are made on individual basis and where someone has no criminal background and application is excellent, they will be processed relatively fast.

I know people personally that have been waiting for many years because of issues they have with their application.

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:53 pm

hi CitationCj2

married to Irish
11 years
tow month ago 2 point in my license

thanks for your response
never get social welfar
CitationCj2 wrote:
Can you please expand on this?

Applied on what basis?
How long in the country?
Any offence?

5 years waiting is just shocking , i feel your pain. Hopefully something will be done and this slow boat starts to move again.

cj2

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 pm

hi i being getting letter in the last year from INIS that my application in the final stage never asking for any more document i send them every year my p60 and p21 bank statement copy of new passport , never being used any word that my case is complex and i can challenge the INIS that i am not complex case if they state what the complex case and what is normal case nobody can give any answers
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: Irishtobe in his case has a complex case. There is a reason why his application has not been decided. Its either that he somehow has criminal record/background or something that INIS are investigating ...
Are you aware of a specific issue that the poster has or are you speculating? If it is the latter, it would be better if you kept your opinions to yourself.
All I was trying to say is that there is something that makes his application stands out from the rest. INIS made it clear that less complex cases acounting for more than 70% will be decided within 6 months, but a proportion of applications with Complex Cases, may take longer than timeframe and in some cases may take considerably longer
Thanks for clarifying that. Another possibility is that his case has been mishandled. We don't know. It might have been better if the words "if your case is more complex, etc..." had been used.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:47 pm

irishtobe wrote:hi itegratedmigrant i can challenge you that i have criminal record , i never stop working and i am never did anything wrong in this country or anywhere in the world and i am well traveled i pay high taxes full mortgage and support my family i never get any help from the state , so don't presume that i have criminal record the system is very unfair my local td being told that any applicant from Muslim or Arab country the take longer for one reason because you think that we all have criminal record or you can think about another think so you are very wrong in your last comment you need to rethink about your knowledge of the INIS system in Ireland its remind me of my home unfair discrimented
No one says you have a criminal record!. If you can read the post quite clearly, I was stating the possibilities that may have affected your application. Having mentioned about the criminal background/whatever, I also stated other facts that may have been a factor to your application being delayed.

And I quote "something that INIS are investigating about and im sure Irishtobe will tell you that. Most people simply have issues with their application, birth certificate, some errors or discrepancies in their application etc. "
irishtobe wrote:my local td being told that any applicant from Muslim or Arab country the take longer
irishtobe wrote:tow month ago 2 point in my license
As you can see, I wasn't wrong to believe that something must have been a reason why your application is being delayed. Any applicant with an offense must be investigated further by INIS to determine the nature of the offense and that contributes in delaying of applications.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm

IIE12 wrote:

Hi Eastend. I have sent email today and got same response - is anyone know about time frame ? To me I 've applied in March 2012 , already got LTR and on the basis 5 years working visa :

Dear xxxxxxx,

Your application is at an advanced stage of processing & you will be
informed of the Ministers decision in due course

Regards
xxxxxxxxxxx
Citizenship Section
Hi
I have 100% same reply. Now I have one question, what is difference between advance stage and final stage. As I read above some one got reply that his application is on final stage.

Also any body have idea how long this advance stage takes to get a decision for DoJ.

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm

[quote="irishtobe"]

married to Irish
11 years
tow month ago 2 point in my license

thanks for your response
never get social welfare[quote="irishtobe"]

This is just plain wrong.
Your case is very simillar to mine, straight forward by the sounds of it.
What are Inis thinking? This is pure injustice

courny

Post by courny » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
irishtobe wrote:hi itegratedmigrant i can challenge you that i have criminal record , i never stop working and i am never did anything wrong in this country or anywhere in the world and i am well traveled i pay high taxes full mortgage and support my family i never get any help from the state , so don't presume that i have criminal record the system is very unfair my local td being told that any applicant from Muslim or Arab country the take longer for one reason because you think that we all have criminal record or you can think about another think so you are very wrong in your last comment you need to rethink about your knowledge of the INIS system in Ireland its remind me of my home unfair discrimented
No one says you have a criminal record!. If you can read the post quite clearly, I was stating the possibilities that may have affected your application. Having mentioned about the criminal background/whatever, I also stated other facts that may have been a factor to your application being delayed.

And I quote "something that INIS are investigating about and im sure Irishtobe will tell you that. Most people simply have issues with their application, birth certificate, some errors or discrepancies in their application etc. "
irishtobe wrote:my local td being told that any applicant from Muslim or Arab country the take longer
irishtobe wrote:tow month ago 2 point in my license
As you can see, I wasn't wrong to believe that something must have been a reason why your application is being delayed. Any applicant with an offense must be investigated further by INIS to determine the nature of the offense and that contributes in delaying of applications.

I feel tempted to speak up here.
clearly u claim to know alot about the INIS system ... anyway its understandable someone with a history. it will take longer. how acn u justify my case:
9 years reckonable residence, came to state as minor on join parent visa, leaving cert college (TCD) and now working as a dentist. no history wiht garda or any other authority as a mater of fact and both parents naturalized irish citizens. Applied november 2011 and still waiting.
THATS ALREADY 14 MONTHS gone!!!

courny

Re: Further processing team

Post by courny » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:
weeno wrote:Hi guys, what is further processing team is that the last stage of application?
Initial processing team checks your application if it fulfils all the requirements of residency.

Further processing team send out request and collects reports from outside agency (garda , revenue etc).

Advance processing team prepares your file with all the reports from outside agency to be sent for final processing to the minister for his decision.
There is certification team aswell!!!

aya101

Post by aya101 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Any letters regarding the next ceremony?

saajo
Newly Registered

Post by saajo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 pm

aya101 wrote:Any letters regarding the next ceremony?
i dont think so. everyone is waiting

Soco

FR: Good news will be coming soon

Post by Soco » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 am

copy from seraph:

May be more than 4000 will get Irish citizenship during next ceremony as Minister already approved 6000 applications so far this year. Please find below the PQ and Minster's reply. Keep pray and hope...

190. Deputy Michael McCarthy asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the average length of time it is taking to process an application for naturalisation within the Irish Nationalisation and Immigration Service; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3268/13]

Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): When I came into office in March 2011 one of my immediate priorities was to address the large backlog of citizenship applications for naturalisation pending a decision that had built up over several years. At that time there were approximately 22,000 applications awaiting decision, many of which had been waiting for 2-3 years or longer.

Over the past 22 months there has been a major improvement in the position, notwithstanding a significant increase in the volume of valid applications received which has increased from 12,500 in 2010 to 19,900 in 2012 – an increase of almost 60%. More than 43,000 decisions on naturalisation applications have been made since I came into office with some 25,000 certificates for naturalisation issued last year alone. It is my intention that we will continue to build on this success over the coming year an in this regard, nearly 6,000 valid applications have been decided to date this year.Considerable resources continue to be deployed to process applications. In such a rapidly changing environment where the focus continues to be on processing as many applications as quickly as possible, the value of allocating resources to calculating average processing times that in any event are changing constantly, is greatly diminished.

The Deputy will also be aware that alongside the improvements in processing, in June 2011, I introduced formal citizenship ceremonies for the first time since the foundation of the State. The ceremonies, which are being met with universal approval, allow candidates for citizenship make their declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State and receive their certificate of naturalisation in a meaningful and dignified manner which befits the importance and solemnity of the occasion.

you can see the minister answering citizenship question in dail http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/ ... itizenship

blessed_sinner

Re: FR: Good news will be coming soon

Post by blessed_sinner » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am

Hi all,

I just got the following reply from citizenship in an email. Can you please advise what does this mean.

Your application is currently being processed & will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible. It is not possible to give an exact timeframe

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Phone enquiry

Post by eskaybee » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Ho folks
FYI...
Today I could get thru the phone line and the summary of our conversation is: My file is on its way, returning from Minister's office with a decision. There will be letter posted to me from INIS reg this in the next 2/3 weeks....
So, when I put things together based on previous communications, the decisions from Minister's office comes in batches/bunches. Means, there is possibility that most of us may expect letters in coming weeks. When I queried about next ceremony, the lady said that the date is not decided yet - but possibly in March/April.
Hope this helps and good luck to all....

Applied: DEC 2011 based on 5 year residency - Stamp 4.

saajo
Newly Registered

Post by saajo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:07 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:Hi all,

I have got the same email today. Guess its an automatic email.

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:14 pm

[quote="saajo"][quote="blessed_sinner"]Hi all,

***[/quote]
I have got the same email today. Guess its an automatic email.[/quote]

I applied in Dec 2011 based on 7 years residency and irish spouse.

When did you apply?[/quote]

saajo
Newly Registered

Post by saajo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:26 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:
saajo wrote:
blessed_sinner wrote:Hi all,

I have got the same email today. Guess its an automatic email.
I applied in Dec 2011 based on 7 years residency and irish spouse.

When did you apply?
[/quote]
i applied in april 2012. i have LTR approved in June 2012 aswell

exam

Any positives for green card holder

Post by exam » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Guys:

Is there anyone who applied on the basis of Green card?

I mean 5 years completed on the basis of green card, if so any relief, some kind of reduced processing time, etc.?

Beeline
Newly Registered

Post by Beeline » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 pm

Me too, applied Jan 2008!!!

Beeline
Newly Registered

Post by Beeline » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:38 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote: in some cases may take considerably longer
Surely, not 5 YEARS longer than the timeframe?!!!

salem66
Newly Registered

Post by salem66 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Beeline wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: in some cases may take considerably longer
Surely, not 5 YEARS longer than the timeframe?!!!
Beeline, INIS may give you a CON and PhD!! after the long 5 years waiting...