ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying rule confusion, pls help urgent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fooj
Newly Registered

Overstaying rule confusion, pls help urgent

Post by fooj » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi If i apply before the 28 day period. Lets say about 50 days before the expiry. Then if it gets refused after 4 weeks(20 days left), can i reapply/appeal the refusal since it is 20 days left? or can it be counted form the day i applied since its an appeal?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm

You have not provided much of a background to provide a specific answer. However in general if you have have extant "leave to remain" at the time a refusal decision is given, you will not have the right of appeal. But you may reapply.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Fooj,

Why would you be so negative and believe that they would refuse your application?

Surely, before you apply, you will try to make sure you tick all the right boxes to qualify before sending in the application.
Regards