ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa status after my British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRHelpNeeded
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa status after my British Citizenship

Post by ILRHelpNeeded » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 pm

I got my ILR visa in feb 2012. I will apply for British citizenship in feb 2013.

My wife came to UK on spouse visa in june 2012. She will get ILR in june 2014.

If I get the British citizenship in feb 2013, will this change in my status affect my wife's visa?

Do I need to apply some other visa for my wife?

Please advice.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa status after my British Citizenship

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:02 pm

ILRHelpNeeded wrote:If I get the British citizenship in feb 2013, will this change in my status affect my wife's visa?
No.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 pm

ILRHelpNeeded wrote:I got my ILR visa in feb 2012. I will apply for British citizenship in feb 2013.

My wife came to UK on spouse visa in june 2012. She will get ILR in june 2014.

If I get the British citizenship in feb 2013, will this change in my status affect my wife's visa?

Please advice.
The only difference would be that once you become British, your wife will be able to apply on a 3 year rule potentially in June 2015.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:11 pm

vinitmanu wrote: The only difference would be that once you become British, your wife will be able to apply on a 3 year rule potentially in June 2015.
Which is not relevant to the question as the question is not discussing naturalization! Nothing about the current immigration status of the partner will be affected if the settled sponsor acquires citizenship.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:44 am

Lucapooka wrote:
vinitmanu wrote: The only difference would be that once you become British, your wife will be able to apply on a 3 year rule potentially in June 2015.
Which is not relevant to the question as the question is not discussing naturalization! Nothing about the current immigration status of the partner will be affected if the settled sponsor acquires citizenship.
Sure, I agree. I believe in giving some more information that OP or someone else on this Forum might find useful.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !