ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - 12 month Earning Period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zen135

Tier 1 Extension - 12 month Earning Period

Post by zen135 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:00 am

Hello Experts,

I would be applying for my Tier 1 Extension soon. I normally get paid on the 23rd of each month into my bank account by my employer unless it falls on a Saturday in which case I get paid on Friday, i.e on the 22nd. I've just checked my previous payslips/bank statements and have found that I was paid on 23 March '12 as normal but I would receive my pay for the month of March '13 on the 22nd as the 23rd falls on a Saturday.

I had originally planned to show the period 1 April '12 - 31 March '13 as my earnings period with 12 payslips(one for each month).

Would I be better off using the period 23 March '13 - 22 March '13 as I could then use the March '12 pay in my accounts?

Would the UKBA question this as long as the salary payments have been credited into my bank account during the 12 month period of earnings that I have specified on my application form?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Post by ajay.jethani » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 am

It doesnt matter much as long it matches your amount in your payslips and bank account.

1st April 2012 to 31st March 2013 would be better option

Thanks,
Regards,
Ajay

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:28 am

I doubt it. What you want to do, is to give them 13 payslips effectively - you don't earn money for a single day's work, but for a month. So the pay on 22 March is generally considered payment for 1 March to 31 March and the same for 23 March. You would therefore be claiming for 13 months earnings, rather than the allowed 12 months.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.