ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M ENGLISH LANGAUGE REQUIRMENT FOR EXT?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jojybaba

FLR M ENGLISH LANGAUGE REQUIRMENT FOR EXT?

Post by jojybaba » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Please tell me following

I am applying ILR on the basis of Tier 1 using Set o form and my wife has not completed 2years so using form FLR M,,,is this correct

and for here visa extension from Tier-1 dependent to FLR M is there English test compulsory although in guidance it written,this is for some one who has not yet got English test and in form there is no any coloum which can by ticked to skip English,all English part is just to write detail of test etc

and last query is regarding form filling FLR M ,,,what should write.

it asking for main sponsor when got settlement although i am sending my own ILR case with her

3 . 1 5 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
Day Month Year
3 . 1 6 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?

Last question is can i post SET O for myself and FLR M on same address?

I will highly appreciate if anybody help/reply me soon

jojybaba

FLR M and english requirment

Post by jojybaba » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 am

Please help me some one for following

I need to apply my wife visa using FLR M and in guidance it allowed to apply if not have english test but in form english section there is no skip option

and

can i post both form on same address i mean for myself Set O and for her FLR M,

I am on Tier 1 and she is my dependent but she is in uk for last 6 months

fahsag
Newly Registered

Post by fahsag » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 am

I am not an expert but only yesterday I got my ILR (PEO appointment at Liverpool). I have the same situation with my wife as she has not completed the two years.

After approval of my case, I asked the case worker about the application form I need for my wife and he did confirm that it will be FLR(M). This is because I now have ILR. He aslo confirmed that she needs to pass the English Test. Also, if she was granted spouse visa after 10th July 2012 then you need to show that you meet the minimum income threshold (not exactly sure but its around 18.6K).

I am not sure if you can use the same form when you are applying together (guessing you are sending by post) as you need to answer the two questions you mentioned. May be an expert here can help.

splashing

Post by splashing » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 am

Hi jojybaba,

Was ur wife visa granted before 1) July 2012 , if YES pls dont use form FLR(M), go for tier 1 pbs dpendency extention.

I was also in ur shoes and the case worker told me to go for tier 1 PBS dependency extension.

However if ur wife visa was granted after 10th July 2012, then u need to use form FLR(M)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 am

splashing wrote:Hi jojybaba,

Was ur wife visa granted before 1) July 2012 , if YES pls dont use form FLR(M), go for tier 1 pbs dpendency extention.

I was also in ur shoes and the case worker told me to go for tier 1 PBS dependency extension.

However if ur wife visa was granted after 10th July 2012, then u need to use form FLR(M)
Where does that come from?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks for advise

little more help,,,,,my visa and my wife tier1 dependent visa both expiring on same time and i am applying by post

Fahad abi,,,for income it not apply to our case as she came in jun2012 and in form it is mentioned no need

but for english requirment plz check following and reply

FLR M guidance page 2 as below

Possible reasons are that you have not yet
obtained a relevant qualification demonstrating
your knowledge of the English language and life in
the UK; or that you prefer to apply for an extension
of stay because of personal circumstances to do
with your relationship with your partner

Kind Regards

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 am

Thanks a lot my wife came in this country jun2012 and her visa expiring with mine same time,so

if i use Ter 1PBS than

Query 1,,,English needed?
Query 2,,,,if Tier 1 PBS successfull than she can apply ILR after 2 year?
Finannely can i post both my Set O and Tier 1 PBS on same address?

splash baiyia kindly reply
splashing wrote:Hi jojybaba,

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 am

From my 'Useful Links' below, please go to and read PBS Dependent document.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.