ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is NARIC clearance mandatory?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajeevanand

Is NARIC clearance mandatory?

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:56 am

Is it necessary to get a NARIC clearance for qualification.

I've had my HSMP rejected 2 times before, but for different reasons. I have a BSc degree from India. This qualification was accepted and points were given.

However, the guidance document (updated 26.01.2007) says

------------------------------------------------
You should also provide an original letter from the appropriate UK professional body confirming your qualification’s equivalence to UK academic levels. The letter from the UK professional body must confirm both the following:

the name of the qualification including the country and awarding body;

which UK academic level it is equivalent to.
------------------------------------------------

I'm giving my last try. So, want to be sure.

Rich ZA

Post by Rich ZA » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:47 am

If you want to be absolutly sure not to lose points in this category, it would be best to get NARIC certification.

What were the reasons you were rejected the prior 2 applicaitons, and did you submit an appeal to either of these?

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:59 am

First time, I applied in October 2006 with all necessary documents. Rejected, bcoz they thought my experience was not graduate level. I have been a software engineer for 12 yrs in multiple disciplines - support, development, testing. Testing over 6 years. By the time, I received the decision, they had announced the new scheme. Since I was qualifying under the new scheme as well, I did not appeal. I did not know how to justify for a graduate level experience. I regret that I did not come across this forum earlier.

Second time, I applied in January 2007. I wanted to avoid mistakes. So, I went thru an immigration consultant Medivisas. I was claiming points for earnings from Jan2006 to Dec2006. However, the agent felt, P60 is not required as it covers only 1st 3 months. So, eventhough, I had P60, we failed to attach. HO rejected on 2 grounds -

1. P60 not attached
2. They were unable to verify earnings from my employer for 1st 6 months on the bank statements. Salaries for these months were paid by cheque. So, employer name was not present on the bank statement.

I was not sure if an appeal would be successful, as they will not accept any new document. Hence, the 3rd attempt. And probably the last. I dont want to waste any more money on this.

nouna

Post by nouna » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:26 am

rajeevanand, I think that appeal wouldn't have worked in both cases, my husband had similar rejection under old rules (work experience not graduate level), he appealed and it was rejected again (both application and appeal through immigration consultant). He is applying shortly under the new rules with the same Consultant. He does not have tax documents to cover the period claimed as well, however he is providing tax documents for the previous tax year as advised by the Consultant. Let's hope it works this time round though we are not very optimistic... let alone all the money spent so far! He does not intend to apply anymore if it is rejected.
For the NARIC comparison, everyone says that it is not mandatory if you are sure that your degree is equivalent to UK degree. My husband is not providing NARIC comparison since he was awarded points for his degree under the old rules both in application and appeal. I have read the guidance notes regarding academic qualifications under the new rules and had the same doubts as yours and posted a similar thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=13661
What was your consultant advice regarding providing a NARIC letter?

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:45 pm

She did not ask for one. She said it was fine.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:01 pm

Rajeev,

I also holds a bachelors degree is Science from India and I had absolutely no problems in getting that point in any of the attempts. I also had somewhat similar situation and 1st time when I applied, it got rejected because I had not provided a letter from employer stating my work exp (my day to day task) and they could not make out if it is graduate level or not and then again when I submitted it again, it got rejected because one of the employer letter did not say 'Graduate Level Work exp'. Both the time they awarded me points for age and education..

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:35 pm

That's comforting. Thanks AshekT.