ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for surrender certificate for lost indian passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukblokester
Newly Registered

applying for surrender certificate for lost indian passport

Post by ukblokester » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 pm

would greatly appreciate if someone could help me put my mind at ease. i can't speak to vfs until tomorrow morning so a bit of re-assurance would help.

i need to apply for OCI but before that i need to sort out the surrender certificate (i got naturalized in dec and now hold a british passport and still within the 3months grace period).

i happen to have lost my indian passport so will be submitting the following documents:
- self attested front/back cover of the indian passport
- self attested copy of the british passport
- self attested copy of the naturalisation certificate
- letter from notary about the lost passport

here are my questions:
- vfs websites states they need photocopyof all used pages, unfortunately i don't have a copy of it. i am just luckyi have a scanned copy of the front/back of the indian passport
- what is the usual turn around times (any personal experiences would help)
- i would be submitting my application this friday at the hayes center, anyone had a recent experience and what's the waiting times like and if anyone knows of a decent carpark around
- how do they send the certificate back?
- also looking on the hci website, if the org. passport is not handed back, they give you RENUNCIATION DECLARATION, can i use that to apply for business via to india and OCI eventually?

cheers

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

ukblokester
Newly Registered

Post by ukblokester » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 am

bumping this post up! anyone had any thought on this?

jagait

Post by jagait » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 am

Wrong Forum

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 am

This is a British citizenship section of the forum.

You probably have a better chance to get an answer in the Other countries section of the forums.