ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is situation in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chakritsus

How is situation in UK

Post by chakritsus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:44 pm

Hi Guys,
I need some suggestion from this forum.

Recently I got HSMP approval + EC from India.

I am planning to move to UK. Is it safe to move to UK now ? I am planning to stay in UK for 1 or 2 years , not more than that.

I am hearing lots of news about people coming back to their counties after the new HSMP rules have come.

Guys , who are already there in UK , please suggest me what shall I do ?

Chakri

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:01 pm

Well a very frank suggestion is that don't waste any time and come to UK...treat it as an opportunity...I am sure once things get going for you and you are settled here with good job, you won't leave that early. Don't worry about the changing rules as it won't hamper you much...

so pack your bags and get going!!!!

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:18 pm

Thanks man..

I am having 8 years development experience in J2EE and Java. Any ideas how the Job market is ?

Chakri

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:42 pm

Sorry but I am a Finance person....but with some experience I can safely say that there are a lot of job opportunities and all what you have to do it just make one good move and rest follows....I have certainly gained great rewards from out of HSMP...

I think some IT guy from this forum be able to answer your question better!!

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:46 pm

My only suggestion is :-

Evaluate the situation after 2 years , as your age will increase by 2 and then decide what minimum salary is required by you to get that extension after 2 years. But if you aren't intrested in staying after 2 years, thats gr8. Still, if you need to move with your family, its tough ; if u r bachelor ; then arrange some interviews, book your tickets and fly to London.

Job market :- Good in Financial domain ; Ir-respective of number of years of experience, I think first job in UK would in the range of £ 35 K plus minus 1-2 £ tolerance. Later on, one can switch.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:42 am

manindergill wrote:My only suggestion is :-

Evaluate the situation after 2 years , as your age will increase by 2 and then decide what minimum salary is required by you to get that extension after 2 years. But if you aren't intrested in staying after 2 years, thats gr8. Still, if you need to move with your family, its tough ; if u r bachelor ; then arrange some interviews, book your tickets and fly to London.

Job market :- Good in Financial domain ; Ir-respective of number of years of experience, I think first job in UK would in the range of £ 35 K plus minus 1-2 £ tolerance. Later on, one can switch.
I dont really think you can that easily get a job that will give you £ 35 K plus in the initial phase .... chck for your skills in the job sites and understand what you are eligible for and then take a decision :)

khanv
Newly Registered

Post by khanv » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:00 am

hi all,

why is that many indians have to leave UK after the
new HSMP rules.

I do not understand.

1.Is it because they are not able to get sufficient
points of 75.

2.Is it that people who are above 32 are not allowed
to stay any more.

3.I dont see any rule in the guidance , which tells
people above 32 are not allowed to stay on

Please somebody who is in UK , let me know.

dnataraj

Hi All,

Post by dnataraj » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:25 am

Hi All,

The point is simple, if guys wants to settle in UK with HSMP then, if during the 2~5 years if home office change the rules then we should be in a position to show the evidences for the same other wise we cant settle over there.

But, If guys want to work for <=2 years ONLY,there willnot be Any problem(unless and until they have good job of their choice)

Chakri, as your stay cant be more then 2 years you dont need to worry. Fly to UK Happily.
Wish U good luck...

Friends if you wish to add anything more its well and good.....

Best Wishes,
Nataraj

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:32 am

sunil.suneel wrote:
I dont really think you can that easily get a job that will give you £ 35 K plus in the initial phase .... chck for your skills in the job sites and understand what you are eligible for and then take a decision :)
I agree with you , getting a job of £ 35 K also is not easy in UK; although at US levels this is only 67 K USD; but he has about 8 years of experience in Java , J2EE ; so this experience may get him a job in this range. Again I said , plus minus 1-2 K tolerance.

As this decision is a critical one , I will also advise you to check out the job sites first and evaluate your self.

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:36 am

Hi Guys,
Thanks guys for all suggestions. I will be traveling to UK in a month. Before landing I thought I will make all my doubts clear. that's why I posted this question.

Thanks guys one more time...

Chakri

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:14 pm

khanv wrote:hi all,

why is that many indians have to leave UK after the
new HSMP rules.

I do not understand.

1.Is it because they are not able to get sufficient
points of 75.

2.Is it that people who are above 32 are not allowed
to stay any more.

3.I dont see any rule in the guidance , which tells
people above 32 are not allowed to stay on

Please somebody who is in UK , let me know.
It seems many Indians are leaving UK after the new changes, because many came with the old rules. The proportion of people leaving per nationality will not vary much. It just seems "more indians" because of the number.

Plus, most of the doctors who were invited here in fasttrack have been betrayed without sufficient notice, having removed special GP provison under the old rules.

I think the reason for most of them leaving is failure to reach 75 points because getting an appropriate salary may get quite tough initially after coming to UK

foobar
Newly Registered

Post by foobar » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:41 pm

chakritsus wrote:Thanks man..

I am having 8 years development experience in J2EE and Java. Any ideas how the Job market is ?

Chakri
The IT market is quite hot now.
You will easily get a job which will fetch you salary > 35K or minimum £300 per day contract job...

ocean77
Newly Registered

Go for contracting

Post by ocean77 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:37 am

Since you have more than 8 years experience, go for contracting where you can get £300 per day or more.. If you have some functional knowledge of financial domain you can get good money in permanent position too. Java/J2ee is very much in demand right now as there is huge scarcity of good resources.

You can look forward to a good career in UK.

And NO, i am not a java guy.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:58 am

Java, J2EE market is really good these days in London so try to find a job in here. eight years of Java/J2EE exp will give you around £35K as people said above (as I assume you dnt have UK exp). If you have worked in financial domain then you can easily get around £42k and above.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:57 pm

Check out this website for your skills -
http://www.jobserve.com

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:03 pm

Chakri,
You might want to check this opportunity.

---------------------
----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: Tuesday, 27 February, 2007 1:13:59 PM
Subject: Ashdown Group - Junior / Senior J2EE Developer - Wimbledon - £35,000 (junior) / £50,000 (senior)

Type: Senior J2EE Developer

Maximum Salary: Up to £50,000

Vacancy Reference: ASH03519CH-SeniorJ2 EE
---------------------