ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solicitor Representation at UKBA for next week

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

genuflexion

Solicitor Representation at UKBA for next week

Post by genuflexion » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I have an appointment to see this solicitor tomorrow.

Basically, he says that he can get me seen at UKBA next week for ILR purposes. Sameday service, though the documents will be returned a week later with biometric cards (if approved).

He is charging me £1K for Main Applicant + 2 Dependants.

I am on ILR (HSMP + T1(G)).

Question;

(i)- Firstly, I heard that there are no such slots available to solicitors and that UKBA stopped this 6 months ago? Is it really doable? Please contribute.

(ii)- Any words of wisdom and advice. As much as I want my ILR as quick as possible (like everybodyelse), I don't want to be conned.

(ii)- What is norm in terms of payment to solicitors in my situation? What is acceptable?

(iii)- Obviously, I don't want to pay until after the decision. Do they charge any fee upfront? What should be acceptable?

Thanks very much for your time and efforts, much appreciated.
gen

uksettlement
India

Re: Solicitor Representation at UKBA for next week

Post by uksettlement » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 pm

genuflexion wrote:Hi Guys,

I have an appointment to see this solicitor tomorrow.

Basically, he says that he can get me seen at UKBA next week for ILR purposes. Sameday service, though the documents will be returned a week later with biometric cards (if approved).

He is charging me £1K for Main Applicant + 2 Dependants.

I am on ILR (HSMP + T1(G)).

Question;

(i)- Firstly, I heard that there are no such slots available to solicitors and that UKBA stopped this 6 months ago? Is it really doable? Please contribute.
Slots are available for solicitors and they can get appointments.

(ii)- Any words of wisdom and advice. As much as I want my ILR as quick as possible (like everybodyelse), I don't want to be conned.
Just that why are you going with a solicitor as you can do it yourself?

(ii)- What is norm in terms of payment to solicitors in my situation? What is acceptable?
Every law firm charges differently.

(iii)- Obviously, I don't want to pay until after the decision. Do they charge any fee upfront? What should be acceptable?
Again depends. I wld think u pay after a positive decision.

Thanks very much for your time and efforts, much appreciated.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:54 pm

Solicitotors will make a staright forward application ,into a problematic one.

CWS make the decisions,Solicitors cannot influence them.Better do it your self. JUst give the Immigration History and some body in this forum will advise you.

I know a Solictor charges a big fee for ILR application. Fees you have to pay whether it is positive decision or not.Some will want the fee upfront.

Get a break up of the Fees ,then you could decide whether it is worth it.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 am

Yes I do agree with Kevin24 statement.
You should get help from this forum and go to either PEO or post your application via Post. Members in this forum are very gentle fellows and they help the people out. Solicitors do nothing(as in most of the cases applicants themselves prepare and arrange the paper work in order and solicitors put one letter on the top of this case) except charging money from clients.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks guys.

I will do just that.

It is just that I was getting a bit shaky, but you guys have given me an uplift!

YES I CAN DO IT :P !
gen

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 am

genuflexion wrote:Thanks guys.

I will do just that.

It is just that I was getting a bit shaky, but you guys have given me an uplift!

YES I CAN DO IT :P !
You really made my day.

NOTHING LIKE YOU DOING YOUR SELF.Once you get your ILR YOU WILL REALIZE.THE FEELING YOU CANNOT DESCRIBE.It's really worth it all the Hard work. Now start booking your PEO appointments. Good Luck.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Kevin,

I am glad I did that.

Actually, I am going in on Monday (coming).

Questions;

(i)- I don't have an employer letter (applying on HSMP + T1(G))= what people have said on this forum is that T1(G) applicants don't need it.

(ii)- Secondly, proof of cohabitation documents. Do I have to cover each and individual month (possible with bank statements but a letter from an authority will only be given once saying from and to date. Have I understood this correctly).

- Council polling cards original for May 2012 elections but a photocopy of June 2009 polling cards (are photocopies they acceptable)? I pay rent incl of bills Council says they will charge £20 for current and £10 for each of the previous years per person!

- Letter from Dentist that my wife is registered with them since 2010 and the same Dentist's letter confirming I joined them in Oct 2012.

- Wifes Bank Account statements covering 1 year (2012). Account was opened in Feb'12 to date. I have past 5 years statements under my individual name.

- Home Office Approval Letters for both of us (I had 2 extensions as I came 4 months late, therefore 2 letters each for 2009 and 2012, in my and my wifes name)

- GP letter for my wife confirming she is registered there since 2008 (though they charged £25). I havent taken one for myself.

- We have 2 uk born children, each born in 2009 and 2012. I have their birth certificates.

- Tenancy Agreement under my name (It is shorthold tenancy so landlord hardly ever gives me a new contract, he says its automatic renewal, but would the case worker understand this?

Please advise and help, will this suffice?
gen

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi! Sorry ,I am not on Tier 1 +HSMAP. Wait patiently till some body who is knowledgeable can advise you. In the mean time read the relevant posts,on the same subject.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 pm

genuflexion wrote: (i)- I don't have an employer letter (applying on HSMP + T1(G))= what people have said on this forum is that T1(G) applicants don't need it.
Yes thats correct you dont need one

(ii)- Secondly, proof of cohabitation documents. Do I have to cover each and individual month (possible with bank statements but a letter from an authority will only be given once saying from and to date. Have I understood this correctly).
No you dont need one for each month. You need letters from 3 different sources covering the two year period. I would say take 3 letters per source covering start, mid and the end of the two year peiod.

- Council polling cards original for May 2012 elections but a photocopy of June 2009 polling cards (are photocopies they acceptable)? I pay rent incl of bills Council says they will charge £20 for current and £10 for each of the previous years per person!
No need to pay to get the statements. Get a letter from your landlord stating that you and yiur dependants have lived at the property for 2 years and your rent includes all bills.

- Letter from Dentist that my wife is registered with them since 2010 and the same Dentist's letter confirming I joined them in Oct 2012.
Thats fine

- Wifes Bank Account statements covering 1 year (2012). Account was opened in Feb'12 to date. I have past 5 years statements under my individual name.
Fine

- Home Office Approval Letters for both of us (I had 2 extensions as I came 4 months late, therefore 2 letters each for 2009 and 2012, in my and my wifes name)
Perfect

- GP letter for my wife confirming she is registered there since 2008 (though they charged £25). I havent taken one for myself.
Fine since you have already paid

- We have 2 uk born children, each born in 2009 and 2012. I have their birth certificates.
Fine

- Tenancy Agreement under my name (It is shorthold tenancy so landlord hardly ever gives me a new contract, he says its automatic renewal, but would the case worker understand this?
Get a letter as mentioned above

Please advise and help, will this suffice?
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

sss123sss

Post by sss123sss » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Most of the ILR aspirants approach solicitors if their case is a little bit complicated, but I see most of the solicitors always prefer to handle straight forward cases and shows cold feet to handle a little bit complicated cases and does not show interest to process with them.

As others members suggested, better to file the application on own.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 pm

genuflexion wrote:....
I must have missed it somewhere, but do you have a need to include your two UK born kids here with this application?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks very much for both your contribution.

My bank somehow stopped sending me monthly Bank Statements since Dec'12. I have ordered 3 days ago.

To be on the safeside, I popped in to the branch and the lady printed me Dec'12 to date statement on a letter head, however, the balance and entries are on a light grey patch, visible though. But the logo seems to be a bit hidden by the description > "View Transaction Entries" followed by my Account number and sort code.

Its basically an alignment issue. I asked her to stamp and sign it but she refused saying it is already on letter head. She just gave me an additional letter confirming my balance on that date on a letter head.

I don't know if the ordered statements will be in by Saturday. If not, can I use above instead? Hope CW doesn't create an issue?

Thanks in advance
gen

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for your message wpilr_nov2012.

I am not including them in my application. That I can do via MN1?

I just meant for co-hab purposes, I could show their birth certificates as well.
gen

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:13 pm

I read you booked for yourself and 2 dependents, is that right?

If you are not going to include your children with your ILR application as dependents, then their details don't come in the picture... as far as CW is concerned, (excuse my choice of words here) they don't exist. Yes, their birth certificates can be included as Cohab but is usually not necessary.

You are right about MN1 route, and thats an entirely different beast, albeit much gentler on paperwork.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks so much for your help- much appreciated.

Actually, I am a busy man, I have 3 children (2 uk born and 1 overseas). No need to excuse, I am eager to listen and learn.

I am applying with my wife and overseas born child.

After getting the ILR, I will take MN1 route for uk born children.

Please comment on the bank statements query, I have posted 3 posts above.

Thanks in advance.
gen

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Re your bank statement - if the amount entry is clearly visible, with date etc, then no problem.

Per Page 4 of Set O Guidance, your bank statement is OK.

Rajukatru
Newly Registered

Post by Rajukatru » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:10 pm

Kevin24 wrote:It is very hard to find new appointment and takes lots of effort, because many people attempts to book on website at same time midnight,
but if you want to allow me to catch any cancellations/new slots for you during daytime, please contact me: expresult@inbox com
You should grab one slot and go yourself without any doubt. Be confident and look straight in the eye of CW

expMan
Newly Registered

Post by expMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm

Rajukatru wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:"Be confident and look straight in the eye of CW"

Though, it's over confidence!!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 pm

Rajukatru wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:It is very hard to find new appointment and takes lots of effort, because many people attempts to book on website at same time midnight,
but if you want to allow me to catch any cancellations/new slots for you during daytime, please contact me: expresult@inbox com
You should grab one slot and go yourself without any doubt. Be confident and look straight in the eye of CW
HOW COME THIS POST CAME ABOUT?VERY SURPRISING. I NEVER WROTE THIS.LEARNING HOW TO BOOK PEO APPOINTMENTS. :roll: :roll: