ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long to decide

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pawpaw
Newly Registered

How long to decide

Post by pawpaw » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 am

I applied for ILR by post on Oct. 17, 2012, acknowledge, payments taken after 5 days, acknowledgement letter received after 12 days, Biometrics enrolled on November 26, 2012, about 15 weeks time of wait and still waitting... :( [/b][/url][/list][/list][/code][/quote]

jjp_emz
Newly Registered

How long to decide

Post by jjp_emz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 pm

I had applied on 14th Sept'12 at PEO Croydon SET(O) for ILR. Still waiting!!!!!!

stokbrig

Re: How long to decide

Post by stokbrig » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:10 pm

jjp_emz wrote:I had applied on 14th Sept'12 at PEO Croydon SET(O) for ILR. Still waiting!!!!!!
Sorry to hear that you have your ILR application deferred. Could you please give further details about your case and what was the reason. Thanks

jjp_emz
Newly Registered

Post by jjp_emz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 pm

I had applied for ILR after completing my 5 years stay under HSMP with all the necessary documents and within the absence criteria of 180 days.

I paid the visa fees, got biometrics done and then called by a case worker after 2 hours of his study on my case, and informed that '' There is nothing to worry about your application. All the documents submitted are fine. However, there are further checks needs to be conducted so my file will be transferred to another department. But, do not worry you will get your visa soon.'' Those were the words used by the African case worker who dealt with my case on that day and then he handed over the letter mentioning the same thing.

I asked my advisor to make an enquiry since then. Two enquiry has been raised through call and the reply stays the same mentioning ''Still Under Consideration''.

After paying for SET(O), it feels very let down by the government as a result of lengthened the processing time for the same day application which is said Valid and Fine by the case worker.

Now, I have explained the situation to my Local MP and emailed the same to his assistant who deals with immigration issues to get something good out of this nightmare.

Still waiting for the reply from my Local MP as I just had contacted him today.

Let's see. :D

How about you? Are you in similar kind of situation or something new?

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm

jjp_emz wrote:I had applied for ILR after completing my 5 years stay under HSMP with all the necessary documents and within the absence criteria of 180 days.

I paid the visa fees, got biometrics done and then called by a case worker after 2 hours of his study on my case, and informed that '' There is nothing to worry about your application. All the documents submitted are fine. However, there are further checks needs to be conducted so my file will be transferred to another department. But, do not worry you will get your visa soon.'' Those were the words used by the African case worker who dealt with my case on that day and then he handed over the letter mentioning the same thing.

I asked my advisor to make an enquiry since then. Two enquiry has been raised through call and the reply stays the same mentioning ''Still Under Consideration''.

After paying for SET(O), it feels very let down by the government as a result of lengthened the processing time for the same day application which is said Valid and Fine by the case worker.

Now, I have explained the situation to my Local MP and emailed the same to his assistant who deals with immigration issues to get something good out of this nightmare.

Still waiting for the reply from my Local MP as I just had contacted him today.

Let's see. :D

How about you? Are you in similar kind of situation or something new?
Did you ask which department and why? you have the right to know the reason, I now a man who was told for further security checks for example.

dsgm9
Newly Registered

Post by dsgm9 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi jjp_emz,

I had same problem applied crodon PEO sept 2012 ILR SET O went to further enquries due to 90 day single trip still now no result waiting waitin!!! i knew how much painfull days past 4 months do not worry would get positive good luck for quick result

fred namm
Newly Registered

Re: How long to decide

Post by fred namm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:42 pm

pawpaw wrote:I applied for ILR by post on Oct. 17, 2012, acknowledge, payments taken after 5 days, acknowledgement letter received after 12 days, Biometrics enrolled on November 26, 2012, about 15 weeks time of wait and still waitting... :( [/b][/url][/list][/list][/code]
[/quote]

Same here... heres my timeline
Application Type: SET (M) 1 year Student Visa + 2 Years Spouse Visa
Dependents: 0
Date of application posted : 15.10.2012
Payment Method: Debit Card
payment taken:22.10.2012
Date of Acknowledgement Received: 27.10.2012
Date of biometric letter:Received 24.11.2012 Dated 21.11.2012
Boimetric Enrollment completed 24.11.2012
Date of approval: Not Yet
Any other development: NO.. believe we should be hearing from them soon. considering the fact that an Oct 01, Oct 02 and Oct 05 has already recieved a letter of approval, it shows ours will be coming soon...

pawpaw
Newly Registered

ILR approved

Post by pawpaw » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:11 pm

After a long wait of exactly 15 weeks today, I finally received my long awaitted ILR approval. I can relax and moved on now.... To everyone who are still waiting for their approvals, just wait, yours might be coming soon too... :lol: :? 8) :D

fred namm
Newly Registered

Re: ILR approved

Post by fred namm » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 pm

pawpaw wrote:After a long wait of exactly 15 weeks today, I finally received my long awaitted ILR approval. I can relax and moved on now.... To everyone who are still waiting for their approvals, just wait, yours might be coming soon too... :lol: :? 8) :D
Congratulations to you pawpaw. just want to know if you used the Checking Service...thanks