ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired Partner/spouse visa and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adamwatson123
Newly Registered

Expired Partner/spouse visa and ILR

Post by Adamwatson123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi guys,

I am australian. I have just recently found out my current Partner/spouse visa had expired on the 18/01/13. This was a great surprise to me. I was planning to apply for my ILR in good time. Obviously now I am in the situation where i have 14 days left in my 28 days of overstaying period.

I have managed to organise a Life in the Uk test on Wed 6th Feb, and a premium application appointment on wed 13th feb.

My question. Will I be able to get through the first reception stage of the process at the UKBA office with an recently expired biometric visa? All other facets of my visa application will be perfect and in place.

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you

adam

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:18 pm

It shld be fine as u will be within the 28 days. Check with PEO that you are going to in advance for you peace of mind.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

shaad

Re: Expired Partner/spouse visa and ILR

Post by shaad » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:41 am

Adamwatson123 wrote:Hi guys,

I am australian. I have just recently found out my current Partner/spouse visa had expired on the 18/01/13. This was a great surprise to me. I was planning to apply for my ILR in good time. Obviously now I am in the situation where i have 14 days left in my 28 days of overstaying period.

I have managed to organise a Life in the Uk test on Wed 6th Feb, and a premium application appointment on wed 13th feb.

My question. Will I be able to get through the first reception stage of the process at the UKBA office with an recently expired biometric visa? All other facets of my visa application will be perfect and in place.

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you

adam
I am sure you should be fine. I just appeared on my last day of VISA at Solihull and got cleared but a family sitting next to me had their visa expired a week earlier. They were not being able to get a date earlier. They also got cleared too.